JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You're a big bright shining star.
Psyched for you-
Keep it up my man.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I had to ask @pearl who your alter ego was. I am not sure how he know everything.

Please keep posting your rides, it motivates us*.

*ok, it doesn't motivate me, just make me feel good I'm not you**

**just kidding***

***sort of****

****seriously, keep it up and good to see you back out there***,**,****

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah I had no idea who Dirk was on Strava. I almost deleted you because I was like, "WTF is with these people always changing their names? I don't know this guy."

I had not read this thread in some time. In fact when I texted you yesterday I hadn't read it yet. So I just read it now because I saw it float up to the top.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Robin

Good to see you back out there!!! You know where to find me if you ever want to ride or shred at Creek. I'm in Mo-town until 3ish through the summer and can meet up after. Would be good to ride together - like old times :)

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
20170622_082303.jpg

YEAH MOTHER F'ER

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Weight down 2dirty6 and counting. This has been the easiest weight loss program ever. Why is it easy, because I eat most of my favorite things like butter bacon meat above ground veggies butter fish avacodo eggs eggs eggs cheese cheese cheese and
butter.

Alcohol has been vodka, no im not not Russian or polski but german. Stiff glass or 2 fills the void of juice bombs. I certainly miss those fruity nectars and had taken a few millers lites just because but now learned they are on the list as one of the worst to consume with fish guts and GMOs. Had an Amstell lite with 5g give away but them and Heineken are on the good beer list.

Pretty much riding every other day as it seems there is is always a conflict to string consecutive days together.

Monday I went out on the road bike hard. Put in a bunch of hard efforts while doubling back with the hospital crew. Yeah been sneaking in morning rides with wife repository therapist and her coworker and our friend whose a nurse. Why are nurses just plain crazy. I did a house share down in the spring lake one summer between marriages in the mid 90s where the other half were all nurses. I have expeience first hand.

Wednesday ride was mediocre and Friday's was dog poop. Today's ride was steaming buffalo farts but any riding is better then no riding.

So as the days go I seem to average about a pound a day until I am sure it will all stop then I can obsesse on that last five pounds to my goal.

Happy riding you all! That's for @pearl

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
UPDATE TIME

So it seems that i have hit a speed bump of sorts.
Almost a full month in the 230s. 6/22 I entered 239 and sit now at 232 almost a month later. Nothing really has changed except the previous weeks I only managed 2-3 rides a week down 1 to 2 rides. But the road bike has been exclusively used. I did do the KVSP group ride but that was staying with a beginner who was having a tuff day. Not saying mtb and road has anything to do with it except some days on the road it's JRA.

I started to put some hills days in and just started to feel some power coming back. I have been riding with one of our long time friends who also fell back a bit but signed up for the 60 tour of blairstown. If you never ridden out this way your doing yourself a displeasure. Check it out.

My diet has stayed pretty true on the low carb and I am still very careful watching that. Thanks to @jmanic I have a new favorite vodka. Titos is as good if not better the kettle one, check it out! No I am not on vodka only diet. It's still LCHF and much animals are sacrificed. @gtluke mentioned to pull a fast in here and there which i kinda thought was going on since I basically eat 1 meal a day sometimes big omlete gets in there for a duce a day. I expected a large and quick drop then a stale mate which is where I am. The goal to 220 by labor day Is still in my reach.

On 7/5 my daughter had her 3rd boy and BOY is she in for a lifetime of JOY! Grandkids are where it's at you wont understanf until you have some.

On my ride today through Blairstown I couldn't believe my eyes, the guy I sold my 95 Trek Y-22 to still had the bike. He put it out in front of his shop 2 months ago hoping someone would steal it, LOL! I had to take a pic of it. He came out and said I wish someone would just take this. So I finished my ride and went back for it. Death mobile was back home where I then passed it on to one of boy wonders friends.

IMG_20170712_100255.jpg

Here it was in its glory days with syncros Ti cranks BB and post Judy CC air can you name it. 1995 and i got it to 22.5lbs. Of course everything broke and learned being a weenie was flushing cash down a toilet. It's when I took xc racing seriously.
20170712_202655.jpg

More update

So I think I have expressed how much I loath grass as in the shit that grows around people's houses. I think people who give a shit need to get a life but that's just my opinion. Well my machine that has to labor cutting this garbage just plain blew up. Let's say lawn tractors are stupid also. Yes I can say that now because I now own a zero turn. Holy fuck you say I can cut my shitty lawn at 40mph and get it done in half the time, sign me up no matter the cost. Be warned you will take out garden beds during the learning curve. Tonight was the most fun I had cutting a shit lawn i think ever.

Peace!

gtluke

The Moped
See if you can do some rides after a long day, like 12+ hours. It might still be horrible but the more you do the more fat burning will happen and the easier it will get.

I keep my front lawn nice, not that anyone can see it but it's bigger than the back so there is more room for frisbee, and if it's all weeds like the back they die in the winter, and then my dog runs around in the mud playing catch and gets disgusting.
So as nice healthy summer lawn keeps the mud out of my house in the winter and spring.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congrats on the grandboy there my man, and keep doing the good work-
You got this!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congrats on the grandbaby!

Good lord, im surprised he didnt throw that piece of garbage on your lawn. I know you hate XC bikes, I can understand why...you were traumatized

With regards to vodka...I know it has no carbs, I know its keto friendly....But alcohol is TERRIBLE for your metabolism in general. Your liver must process it before it does anything else. Plus 1 shot is about 100 calories....I guess if its the only thing keeping you from drinking beer.

Zero radius mowers are the best...have you learned how to wheelie it yet?

jackx

Congrats on the grandbaby!

With regards to vodka...I know it has no carbs, I know its keto friendly....But alcohol is TERRIBLE for your metabolism in general. Your liver must process it before it does anything else. Plus 1 shot is about 100 calories....I guess if its the only thing keeping you from drinking beer.

Congratulations Matty and Patty!

With alcohol having a major impact on metabolism, I wonder if it is better to have alcohol on days one doesn't ride so as to not impact the metabolism boost one gets from riding. Or if one is going to have alcohol, should they have it on days they do exercise because they have a potential calorie deficit that day. I dunno.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congratulations Matty and Patty!

With alcohol having a major impact on metabolism, I wonder if it is better to have alcohol on days one doesn't ride so as to not impact the metabolism boost one gets from riding. Or if one is going to have alcohol, should they have it on days they do exercise because they have a potential calorie deficit that day. I dunno.
now that that's cleared up....

Top Bottom