The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

March 1st 275lbs
July 17th 228.8

Winning!

@UtahJoe are calling me a drunk :D
I just have a touch when the desire comes which is like everyday :) moderation is the key. I take no belief in this theory at this moment as the needle is still moving in the right direction. Also you do know travis brown and ruthie mathis raced that bike right and it was the biggest scam ever by the rags. I took the bait hook line and sinker.

I appreciate the kind words and cool to see all of yous care.

No babies were born or old bikes found. Rode the road 5 of the last 7 days. Nothing exciting except a rat snake save from sunbathing on the road. Spending more time in the blairstown area, just magnificent area for the roads.

Starting to look like my 220 goal by labor day will be shattered. Thursday I am pulling a 24hr fast.

Let's talk about the number 50

50 is used in so many factors like

Half
Half of 100% is just riding along

50% full or empty whichever way you lean

50 to 1 shot are great odds.

50 is twice the amount of 25.

50 miles is half century.

Number 50 was worn by 2 of the greatest football centers in history of football. Jim Otto wore it before changing to 00 and Dave Dalby.

Number 50 was worn by one of my beloved '86 world series winning pitchers, the one and only Sid Fernandez.

50/50 of child custody is a mostly a good thing.

I have a 50/50 shot that 50 people will read this or not.

50 is big today as I stepped on the scale to the glaourous 225 reading. That is 50 pounds from where I started 4 months ago. Honestly it wasn't that hard just sacrificing shity habits. 5 more to juicy fruit bomb!

Last edited:
Found this pic on my FB feed. Skinny AF
Matty.

IMG_0019.PNG

Mad respect for our founding mtb fathers. Drove up Mount Tam aka original repack race today to hike. That must have been a hoot. Marin County is spectacular in every way.

Tomorrow we shoot off to Tahoe where we have bikes rented for Saturday to hit the Flume trail. Then sunday a hike and a cold dip in Clark fork before we head out to salt lake city.

On top of mount tam
20170727_132542.jpg

Nice!
You didn't tell me Tahoe.
Please say your plan is a shuttle from Mt Rose. That is just so very tasty.

We are back and hung over from exhaustion. From the moment we landed we were on full speed ahead. In total i drove 1731 miles and hiked probably about 25 miles in about 10,000' with a bike ride in tahoe that started with a 4 mile climb with 1000 foot elevation.

We landed in SF and ventured to my uncles up in Napa Valley. Went for a hike near by thier place and went home, ate and drank.

Woke up packed and headed to the coast at point reyes. Hiked along the coast up and down. Views were spectacular! Journeyed over to the light house for more hiking and more views of the bloody triangle (most densely populated area of great whites on US shores). Off to a popular roadhouse bar for some oysters.

Next day off to muarell (sp) woods park to peep red woods and then drive up and hike mount tam home of the birth of mtbing and the repack race. Much respect as that mountain is big as fuck.

Following day was SF, not much to say as i have been a bunch a times and was not my cup of tea. Did it for the kids and the usual tourist crap. Went back home to some smoked ribs and drinks.

Say goodbye following day and off to Tahoe. Get to donner lodge after the beuatiful assend up where my aunt cowboy Markeeta is already there with coors lite in hand. Short and sweet she is 2 1/2 years older, loud and never shuts up. This was a chill by the pool and drink fest that spilled over to mexican and margrittas, many margrittas. It became nothing but a blurr after some point to where i cant remember how we got back. Thank god my boy can drive. This was the nail in the coffin. I am officially done, you heard it here first.

Next day wasnt so bad and went for 5 mile mediocre hike above truckee. Chilled and stayed in to eat. Side note there is a ton of riding here and a ton of riders.

Day i was most looki g forward to, renting bikes and riding the flume trail. Worth every penny and scary as shit at some points. Put it on your bucket list. After that the long drive to elko, the half way point to SLC and my duaghters place. Elko is bumfuck cowboy town so nothing to talk about just a place to sleep.

Quick breakfast and off to our airbnb in ogden ut. That boneville flats section messes with your head while driving.
Arrive to our place and super stoked with the airbnb. What a better way to go, though our first go and a hard one to beat as we became like best friends with hostess. Its like we knew each other for ever. She was a single divorced mom of adult children who went over and beyond.
Hooked up with my daughter and her husband for some major hikes up in Alta and adams canyon. Alta had major altitude and wild flowers and adams had tundra and river to falls at the finish.

Our final day we chilled with my daughter and host. As Patty did gardening for both daughter and host. While I did some repairs around the house for both.

Took the red eye home without a minute of sleep. Airlines have become the worst form of transportation.

I was affraid of seeing myself hit the 230's range as keto was not enforced as strictly as its been. To jump on the scale and see 228 was a pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom