The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So hanging on to the 220s and I am ok with that.
I had a goal of 220 by labor day and I hit that about 2 weeks ago. Here's after ham turkey cheese on a low carb wrap.
20170828_222615.jpg

God Damn SS is my life!
Right now the bug has bitten. I can't get enough. Until my body says no I will continue and now I will stack the miles, come join and watch me destroy myself with one fing gear. It is ecstasy for a 50 something has been, well that and thinking your awesome at your favorite bike parks.

Right now I am in a good place, a place where I belong. More bikes more people on bikes and more kids on bikes...

Cranks got me really excited to see so many families and biking families out this past weekend. If that didn't put a smile on your face, wow! Almost missed glad plans changed because I thoroughly enjoyed as did P.

Right after our Stephen's ride we shot up to see my daughter and grand kids. It was my first time meeting the newest tribe member.
Hugo
FullSizeR.jpg

And the other monkeys. Charlie is starting kindergarten in 2 days. Big things going down

Screenshot_20170828-225035.png

Happy trails

Attachments

• 20170826_145422.jpg
    20170826_145422.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 132
  • FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 123

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am hanging in a happy place, yes wieght wise. I have seen 225 and I have seen 217 in the same week. This is where I have always felt comfortable. I know you one something guys are like are you kidding me. I haven't been one something since about 21 even when I raced xc in early 90s or had 7500 miles when I was commuting. I am not that guy and the smallest German Bender in my family.

Bit disappointed I can't get my Tuesday fight club ride going, 2 solos and one with @jackx.
I am not gonna venture into doubles or triples in the dark. So if you got an open Tuesday and have lights give me a shout at what start time is good for you.

Recent Product that I really really like.
I am a fanny pack guy. Have been for years, problem is all of the ones I have tried were flippers, too small or zippers would rot. That recent fanny pack thread got me researching except I had no interest in it holding water. Just essentials for a few hours ride.

One that kept poping up in reviews was the Hunter Cycles Shred packs made by Porcelain Rocket. My problem why I kept not pushing the buy button was the price. $75 for a fanny pack, damn! Well best 75 spent. This thing is the shit. The wings are rubberized to keep the no bounce. The zipper is a bomb. I never feel it on me and can fit 4 12oz cans, come on!

Shameless stolen specs
features include --

highest quality fabrics
water proof zipper
internal divider
internal key loop
overall excellent water resistance
holds four 12 OZ cans
approximately 185 cubic inches----3L
approximate dimensions 11.5 x 4 x 4

I am a bottle guy, completely hate packs on my back. This is a great product, hands down. Quality through and through. Tons of space.

20170919_202459.jpg
20170919_202741.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am hanging in a happy place, yes wieght wise. I have seen 225 and I have seen 217 in the same week. This is where I have always felt comfortable. I know you one something guys are like are you kidding me. I haven't been one something since about 21 even when I raced xc in early 90s or had 7500 miles when I was commuting. I am not that guy and the smallest German Bender in my family.

Bit disappointed I can't get my Tuesday fight club ride going, 2 solos and one with @jackx.
I am not gonna venture into doubles or triples in the dark. So if you got an open Tuesday and have lights give me a shout at what start time is good for you.

Recent Product that I really really like.
I am a fanny pack guy. Have been for years, problem is all of the ones I have tried were flippers, too small or zippers would rot. That recent fanny pack thread got me researching except I had no interest in it holding water. Just essentials for a few hours ride.

One that kept poping up in reviews was the Hunter Cycles Shred packs made by Porcelain Rocket. My problem why I kept not pushing the buy button was the price. $75 for a fanny pack, damn! Well best 75 spent. This thing is the shit. The wings are rubberized to keep the no bounce. The zipper is a bomb. I never feel it on me and can fit 4 12oz cans, come on!

Shameless stolen specs
features include --

highest quality fabrics
water proof zipper
internal divider
internal key loop
overall excellent water resistance
holds four 12 OZ cans
approximately 185 cubic inches----3L
approximate dimensions 11.5 x 4 x 4

I am a bottle guy, completely hate packs on my back. This is a great product, hands down. Quality through and through. Tons of space.

View attachment 57483 View attachment 57484
Glad you're keeping at it bro.
And I guess I'm happy you found a good fanny pack. ;)

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm bummed I've been the no show guy these past fight club rides. I've been stuck doing the work thing at night a lot lately.

My lights are charged and waiting for the first "free" night I can join in the fun!! I'm so open to a double or even triple.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So these kids got out to play again this week
20181214_122725_HDR~3.jpg

Ollie our new dog is a natural trail dog, just a bit bat shit crazy.
20181214_114632_HDR~2.jpg

And my dbl pair of Randy Sun waterproof socks came in. Paid the same as one pair of showers pass socks. I am sold on these for cycling.
15448147558781075656815700523286.jpg

Also on another note, I wore my new $29 pair of
Bibs and they were worth the money without any complaints.
https://www.amazon.com/Przewalski-P...4EHT2VGR2S8CKT95H&refRID=0KW4EHT2VGR2S8CKT95H

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So these kids got out to play again this week
View attachment 82713
Ollie our new dog is a natural trail dog, just a bit bat shit crazy.
View attachment 82714
And my dbl pair of Randy Sun waterproof socks came in. Paid the same as one pair of showers pass socks. I am sold on these for cycling.
View attachment 82715

Also on another note, I wore my new $29 pair of
Bibs and they were worth the money without any complaints.
https://www.amazon.com/Przewalski-P...4EHT2VGR2S8CKT95H&refRID=0KW4EHT2VGR2S8CKT95H[/QUOTE

@mattybfat it looks like you're riding with a cigarette in your mouth...strong move!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi @Pampa, getting used to the 300+ days of blue skies, we could use some here.

Tried to make a connection with the @Jefflenosky crew this was the best I got.
20181231_121041.jpg

I did catch the train coming back in doe. Good to see so many peeps I haven't seen in a while. Made it back to my van just as the drizzle started.

Stopped by and had lunch with the wife at her job. Will be bringing in the new year with friends just like I left it, alive and sober..

Happy New Year!!!!

Pampa

Hey! Still amazed at the weather here, I appreciate it every day.

Glad to see you riding. I’m starting (once again) tomorrow. Missing my fat bike!

Happy New Year!

Top Bottom