The Grand Ave Project

We've got our appliances picked out. Does anyone have horror stories about samsung products as appliances?
Nope...im a samsung house tho. Tv, wash/dry, fridge. Wife and i.love samsung stuff

Oh..also phones, surroumd sound, feel like im missing something tho

Nope...microwave is Sharp drawer unit...We installed almost 3 years ago, Samsung doesn't make them, but if they did we would prob have it. I think @gtluke posted a pic of similar one on his kitchen remodel stuff couple months back
Luke, what'd you end up going with?

That seems to be the way, everyone I've talked to says that Samsung is legit with everything

We have some Samsung appliances in NJ - the ice maker in the refrig is crap, also the plastic sliding drawers and shelves break easily. But other than that it works fine. We have GE appliances down here and so far I'm impressed - however only a few weeks so who knows how they will hold up. Just got an LG OLED 4K TV - wow the picture is amazing

We have a Samsung refrigerator that is really nice looking and has nice design aesthetically, but electronics and reliability-wise is just crap. Icemakers are a known problem with these units. Biggest problem we have is that the twin cooling system blower for the refrigerator gets blocked up with ice. So 2 to 3 times a year I need to empty the out refrigerator and then remove rear blower and chip away and defrost the fan and refrigerant lines.

We have a basic Samsung microwave which is decent enough and has been generally OK. We got it because it matches refrigerator.

Personally I have always been a big advocate for Samsung televisions, but now I am wondering if I would even consider a Samsung TV next time.

We have an LG front loader clothing washer that has been just awesome.

Last edited:
Ditto. Mine now makes about 10 cubes every 4 days. Unit does not eject ice out. I thinks the ejecter mechanism is done
The ice maker in our unit is located within the refrigerator compartment and not in the lower freezer drawer compartment. So every week and a half or so, I need to remove the ice cube container and chip away excess ice and clear any ice cube blockages, otherwise it gets blocked up and stops making cubes.

Ours keeps making ice as long as the ice dams are removed. The auger motors are also problematic, although thankfully, I have not experienced that problem yet.

The ice maker in our unit is located within the refrigerator compartment and not in the lower freezer drawer compartment. So every week and a half or so, I need to remove the ice cube container and chip away excess ice and clear any ice cube blockages, otherwise it gets blocked up and stops making cubes.

Ours keeps making ice as long as the ice dams are removed. The auger motors are also problematic, although thankfully, I have not experienced that problem yet.

I have to reset ours every month or so - it just stops making ice. Worst design ever!

IMG_5747.JPG
IMG_5749.JPG

Rear sliding door is in! I believe Vertical hardiplank siding is what we are going with for the rear section of the house. This Pella slider is so sweet!

Back
Top Bottom