IMG_5711.JPG
backside of house, outside wall replaced, new powder room window
IMG_5712.JPG
new kitchen window location
IMG_5713.JPG
powder room window from inside
new back wall of kitchen with slider door framed out and new subfloor
IMG_5714.JPG
electrical started yesterday and will be finished today, this is the bathroom fan upstairs
IMG_7357.JPG
IMG_7359.JPG
PEX making its way upstairs
IMG_7360.JPG
under kitchen crawl space- walls mortared and new piers with support, no more dirt floor- we poured 28 bags of concrete sunday.
IMG_5719.JPG
IMG_5721.JPG

Last edited:

RobW

we are now at the time when I can start planning out the security system with the walls open. I believe that Comcast has a wireless system but what about the control panel? do I need to have that installed somewhere now so it can be get a power source? can someone direct me through this? @fidodie ? anyone?

rick81721

Lothar
we are now at the time when I can start planning out the security system with the walls open. I believe that Comcast has a wireless system but what about the control panel? do I need to have that installed somewhere now so it can be get a power source? can someone direct me through this? @fidodie ? anyone?

Yeah contract someone that can do it all. We just had guys here for 3 hours installing a 4 HD camera system. They did the basic security setup last time we were here.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
What they said - i just have my own motion detection/camera/controls.
and the ability to release poison gas.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
We're going to stain them a darker color stain, not sure which just yet. What do you recommend?

i was thinking protection from damage while the project continues.

tape together hardboard - make sure the floor is spotless before putting it down - throw some rosin paper on first.

cheaper would be ram board. it rolls out.

whatever your floor people recommend. i'm sure they thought about it.

RobW

i was thinking protection from damage while the project continues.

tape together hardboard - make sure the floor is spotless before putting it down - throw some rosin paper on first.

cheaper would be ram board. it rolls out.

whatever your floor people recommend. i'm sure they thought about it.
Ahhh, got it! Well these still need to get sanded down, and then stained...however, we are going to put down rosin paper... Plumber-(Margaret's brother) timely..... but will finish up this weekend. After he's done, electrical inspection is next Thursday, then plumbing inspection sometime on the following days. Then finally the structural inspection. After all of that, we can insulate(spraying outside wallls) and get that inspected as well. After that we can sheet rock n roll....

My brain hurts just listing all of this but you get the idea.... 5 weeks to go! This deadline is tighter than the chocolate starfish... tonight we are going to chill outside the stone pony to watch slightly stoopid.

RobW

We've got our appliances picked out. Does anyone have horror stories about samsung products as appliances?

Top Bottom