Spotted a Fat Bike for CHEAP. What do y'all think?

I’m certain you’re all right but really I just went too low on the psi. Not spending another dime on this bike. Gotta save my cheddar for a full suspension 29er trail bike this Spring. :D

I’m really digging the simplicity and efficiency of this bike. I’m also getting quite the workout, and not just because of the extra heft. I find myself standing a whole lot more to get through the rock gardens and up steep climbs. The massive tires roll over everything and I don’t get wheel spin, even on the slickest climbs. My glutes and hammies have been sore all month! It’s pretty cool having these new bike experiences, all over again.:D

Tubeless is working great. I’ve settled on 7.5F and 8R for now. Also swapped the OEM alloy bars and seatpost for carbon ones I took off my other bike. I'm hoping this dampens some of the bumps and takes pressure off my wrists.

Yesterday at Ringwood. I hear snow’s in the forecast... ;)
IMG_7780.jpg
IMG_7779.jpg
IMG_7795.jpg

I’m really digging the simplicity and efficiency of this bike. I’m also getting quite the workout, and not just because of the extra heft. I find myself standing a whole lot more to get through the rock gardens and up steep climbs. The massive tires roll over everything and I don’t get wheel spin, even on the slickest climbs. My glutes and hammies have been sore all month! It’s pretty cool having these new bike experiences, all over again.:D

Tubeless is working great. I’ve settled on 7.5F and 8R for now. Also swapped the OEM alloy bars and seatpost for carbon ones I took off my other bike. I'm hoping this dampens some of the bumps and takes pressure off my wrists.

Yesterday at Ringwood. I hear snow’s in the forecast... ;)
View attachment 60250 View attachment 60251 View attachment 60252
cool pics, which park is that from? edit(ringwood)
yay snow!!!
Time to start a thread on the best tires for snow for 2018...

Update: I’ve ridden the crap outta this bike. I put a solid 150 miles on it since November; not a single mile on snow. Conditions just never came together. Still, I had a shit ton of fun hitting the trails on this beast. That was until Sunday...

I showed up for a group ride only to take a few pedal strokes and hear “crack!” Yep, the chainstay snapped at the BB. Good news is Fuji and Sierra Trading Post have been very helpful and are getting me a new frame. Now I’m wondering if this bike isn’t really up for anything other than snow and sand?

Well at least Spring is around the corner. I can ride my trail bike and not worry about the Fuji until next winter. As they say, “you get what you pay for.”

Jeez. That's stinks. Nothing you've done is outside normal use. Hopefully just a bum frame and not a design issue.

Well at least Spring is around the corner. I can ride my trail bike and not worry about the Fuji until next winter. As they say, “you get what you pay for.”

Do yourself a favor and get the frame swapped and keep riding it! Don't wait for the winter to come. I really don't enjoy riding my fatty on the snow but it's great on the trails. This has been my training bike for the most part and when I want to go fast/need efficiency I break out the skinny tire xc bikes. It's too much fun to just put away...

I hope that is just bad luck.

I have never broken a bike, except for every Cannondale I owned. But that does not count.
Agreed. I think I'm close to double digit breakages but most were treks/fishers...and a couple cannondales.

Soooooo ...I pulled the trigger on some upgrades. I really do enjoy riding this fattie. I figured, why not snaz up the new warranty frame with some snazzy new parts? Purchased Marge Lite wheels with i9 hubs. Also picked up a 150mm carbon fork and 11 speed xo1 groupset. Got everything lightly used and for a great price from a fellow member.

All in I’m now at about $1200 with only the tires, cranks and brakes oem. Looking forward to weighing this bike when it’s finally put together. Taking bets on sub 30lbs?
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom