Spotted a Fat Bike for CHEAP. What do y'all think?

Discussion in 'General Bike Talk' started by a.s., Oct 26, 2017.

1. a.s.

a.s. Well-Known Member

I’m certain you’re all right but really I just went too low on the psi. Not spending another dime on this bike. Gotta save my cheddar for a full suspension 29er trail bike this Spring. :D

Juggernaut likes this.
  2. a.s.

a.s. Well-Known Member

Stuck a new valve in the rim and the tire inflated right up with a simple compressor. No drama and no fuss this time. I'm back on the tubeless wagon!

thegock, qclabrat, Mr.Moto and 2 others like this.
  3. a.s.

a.s. Well-Known Member

I’m really digging the simplicity and efficiency of this bike. I’m also getting quite the workout, and not just because of the extra heft. I find myself standing a whole lot more to get through the rock gardens and up steep climbs. The massive tires roll over everything and I don’t get wheel spin, even on the slickest climbs. My glutes and hammies have been sore all month! It’s pretty cool having these new bike experiences, all over again.:D

Tubeless is working great. I’ve settled on 7.5F and 8R for now. Also swapped the OEM alloy bars and seatpost for carbon ones I took off my other bike. I'm hoping this dampens some of the bumps and takes pressure off my wrists.

Yesterday at Ringwood. I hear snow’s in the forecast... ;)
    IMG_7780.jpg IMG_7779.jpg IMG_7795.jpg

4. qclabrat

qclabrat Well-Known Member

cool pics, which park is that from? edit(ringwood)
    yay snow!!!
    Time to start a thread on the best tires for snow for 2018...

a.s. likes this.