Clean Start

And here we go again!

My abdominal distress, mentioned above, is another bout of diverticulitis. Which is inflammation of the diverticula - of course :)
To summarize, i have a belly ache. It is annoying, changes in intensity daily, and should clear-up in a week or so with a little luck.

Did i mention it is annoying - and especially so with high-cadence cycling (normal road cadence.) not so bad pushing hard at low cadence, or standing.

The bad news is that one the prescribed antibiotics (Flagyl) can cause severe cramping and nausea when combined with
alcohol. The good news is that i could use a couple weeks away from the beer - and having a compelling reason
other than, gee you drink too much, helps.

This should get the scale moving lower, and back to last summer's fighting weight which is somewhere around 170.
I'd like to be a bit lighter for the Chicago Marathon in October.

19 or so days until Hell o' Hunterdon. @stb222 is pushing me to start climbing, yeah - i know!!! Thanks Coaches :D
I'm on an 8 day streak of outdoor riding. That hasn't happened since last July.
This statement is somewhat misleading as it hints that indoor riding is happening. It isn't.

Interesting thing about riding in the rain: It wasn't so bad. Now it was not raining buckets, just steady at times, misting/spritz others.
Clothes got wet, but not drenched. Even that day in the 30s wasn't horrible - although it took some time for the fingers to thaw.
I am riding a bit scared tho, and between the abdominal pain, and the o-sh*t factor, speeds have been way down.
Guess learning to trust the bike on a wet surface is a process? Trusting not to get run down in poor visibility is something else.

I was thinking about starting an Indoor Gardening thread, see what people have besides @The Kalmyk ;)
This happened - it is a succulent (not a succubus) - never had one of these bloom before. will post when upload starts working on my chromebox again.
Road the SL this morning. I forgot my taillight but YOLO, wasn’t much of an issue considering i was pass by like 10 cars the whole ride. Sourlands is one of the quietest places to ride a bike Ever.

Hope you feel better.

Aforementioned succulent

IMG_0121.JPG

I was thinking about starting an Indoor Gardening thread, see what people have besides @The Kalmyk ;)
This happened - it is a succulent (not a succubus) - never had one of these bloom before. will post when upload starts working on my chromebox again.

if you do this i will have to make my fiance join, she has about 8 succulent pots around the house started last almost 2 years ago :/

don't eat things that don't digest easily (or at all) - like salad leaves while irritated.
current thinking is that it isn't straight up diet related - ie, nuts will not get stuck in there -
literally, shit gets stuck in there, and if it doesn't naturally clear because of all that is going on, it can get inflamed.
i am supposed to drink more water.
I picked up something from Beijing about 5 years ago, my stomach has never been the same. Now deal with a sensitive system and careful what I'm mixing. Tried probotic and cleanses with no luck. Try every night to kill it with whisky with no luck. Think I need more or something stronger. Feel better

I picked up something from Beijing about 5 years ago, my stomach has never been the same. Now deal with a sensitive system and careful what I'm mixing. Tried probotic and cleanses with no luck. Try every night to kill it with whisky with no luck. Think I need more or something stronger. Feel better

yikes -

Jumping back a bit here.

I notice that many of your posts are often "fractured thoughts". I guess the scientist thing helps me understand that a bit. I find it interesting, maybe even endearing. OK, maybe quirky. I'll admit that sometimes, as a reader, it is hard to stay with you. Then in your recent post #297 in this thread, you suddenly had paragraphs and some semblance of structure. Was that a concentrated effort?

Hope your tummy-ache feels better soon.

Jumping back a bit here.

I notice that many of your posts are often "fractured thoughts". I guess the scientist thing helps me understand that a bit. I find it interesting, maybe even endearing. OK, maybe quirky. I'll admit that sometimes, as a reader, it is hard to stay with you. Then in your recent post #297 in this thread, you suddenly had paragraphs and some semblance of structure. Was that a concentrated effort?

Hope your tummy-ache feels better soon.

It was a little bit more of an effort to bring the reader along. Combination of focus, and taking a bit longer to write it.
Some of the posts are 5 minutes, while drinking, and out. Perhaps that is it!!! I was sober :D

Thanks for the well-wish, hopefully on-the-mend.

Nah- I’m cool with random shit thrown together in what might seem nonsensical.

It’s more funnerer to see the madness and somtimes know wtf is going on and sometimes not.

Back
Top Bottom