jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the 9 day routine that takes 11.

7+minute+abs.png

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah keto brought me my goal of 220 by labor day actually 217.

Since then I am up 13lbs. Damn beers and carbs. I am gonna do a reboot and shoot for 215 by spring. Bye bye beer :(

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Broke a spoke at the sourlands (or 6MR?) on the tallboy last week - finally threw on the 29r in the back. B+ up front.
The back of the bike was much lighter. Couldn't get the shifting dialed, going to check that later today.

I'm just curious, did you use the same type of cassette on both wheels? I would assume they would both line up the same as they should both be Novatec hubs (unless your stock 27.5 wheels were that much nicer).

If both sets are Novatech, you may be able to just pull the whole axle/hub/cassette and switch between the two. Which is really easy.

They also use a threaded endcap. Maybe it's not screwed in all the way pushing the cassette slightly off.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm just curious, did you use the same type of cassette on both wheels? I would assume they would both line up the same as they should both be Novatec hubs (unless your stock 27.5 wheels were that much nicer).

If both sets are Novatech, you may be able to just pull the whole axle/hub/cassette and switch between the two. Which is really easy.

They also use a threaded endcap. Maybe it's not screwed in all the way pushing the cassette slightly off.

different hubs - dt swiss on mine. same cassette of course. I think it may have been a lubrication problem, or perhaps i bent something else (like a link)
i assumed all the noise i was getting on the b+ was the broken spoke. may have been something else.

Patrick

Staff member
The clock is ticking on the diet reset plan - tomorrow morning it is a go.

Wanted to ride today - i may still. Under the super wolf moon! but probably not.

Started off the year running a 5k in my hiking boots! Way overdressed - i was expecting single digits, and it was more around 15 or so.
Oh well. Couldn't keep up with my kid today. he ran away from me with 1/4 mile to go, and i didn't go with him. Still happy with dragging my
fat self through hillsboro! fun run, about 200 participants.

i won a major award.
IMG_8191.JPG

then i awarded myself to ease into the cleanse.

IMG_8189.JPG

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congtats on the participation ribbon. More than I got so far this year. I need to get on the plan you'r doing, or maybe do the full 30 day routine. May need to wait until after Fat 50, cause there's a substantial energy drop the first week or two of the 30 day routine.

Taylor Ham FTW

Patrick

Staff member
Congtats on the participation ribbon. More than I got so far this year. I need to get on the plan you'r doing, or maybe do the full 30 day routine. May need to wait until after Fat 50, cause there's a substantial energy drop the first week or two of the 30 day routine.

Taylor Ham FTW

doesn't that beg to do the short one, just to reset the cookie crave, and some time away from the beer? mmm beer.

Patrick

Staff member
And we are off and running - 1 day of cleanse is almost in the book.
Not a big deal, shake, some snack things, and dijon salmon over wilted spinach - with lots of garlic!
Weighed in at 181.2 this morning. 15 up from my low, and 15 off where i started last year.
I don't know how to interpret that, but it is easier in pictures.
ah, maybe injuring my thumb at the end of September is a clue? :D

i didn't log weight in dec 2016 - started in April after the hospital trip, so I'm missing data!

IMG_8192 - Edited.png

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
And miss all this???
View attachment 61379

Will prolly just do one after Fat 50 on Jan 13.

3 more and you got yourself a calendar!
you'll need an SLB pint to go in the collection.

----
was being flippant, as the end of the purge would land on the fat 50. i tried riding right afterwards last year.
almost died. and got stung by a bee. Looking forward to your opinion the second 30 day experience.

I feel like this is going to be a piece of cake, because i've gone through it before.
Other than @Roadie dropping off some of vermont's finest, i'm not tempted by the cookies or chocolate
sitting out. Those will make a great reward around 1/13/18. Which just happens to be @clarkenstein's bday...

rlb

It's always easier the second time. You know how to navigate it now and deal with whatever curve balls you might encounter. Good luck!

Patrick

Staff member
Have you ever considered an overall diet change instead of these short term cleanse things?

i was doing well, just got off track, and feel a reset like this is my best way to go about it.
made it 6 months in the low 170s, and felt comfortable with the diet - just let it get away from me when i couldn't ride,
mostly mental, because certainly i could have run, and it was a stellar fall for running.

other than low energy at the end of the day, it isn't bad.

Patrick

Staff member

Taylor Ham FTW

BTW - that is a finishers' ribbon. one does not get one for just participating :D:D:D

----

Today is Day 4 of 11 of Cleanse 2.

I've given it a title, like a s/w release, or plan - 11.2.4 ? Dan is looking at 30.2.0.-16 ?

No real food today, and i'll total about 500 calories. Same as yesterday.. mostly liquid (about a gallon!), their snacks, and some veggies.
When busy, it isn't so bad. Was on my feet two days in a row working with @mattybfat - and piddled around the house a bit.
So it goes by quickly - also hit the bed by 10:00.

Something that went unnoticed last cleanse, was this totally Pavlovian response of salivating when i think of food. It is a hoot, as
suddenly there is a mouthful of spit while looking at @jmanic's steak creation - even thinking about it now!

Anyway, 5.5lbs in 3 days.

IMG_8197.PNG

-------------------------------------------

will try to hit the to-do list i made yesterday, but failed to execute, cause i wasn't going outside!

Started cleaning out the basement - it is amazing the amount of crap that can pile up. I have a hard time throwing stuff out,
or even selling the good stuff once i'm done with it. I have two kits for re-stuffing/springing couches! A 10 person tent,
every home audio cable ever made - and a bunch of computer cables from the 1980s. My postscript printer went into e-recycling
a couple weeks ago. is there a USB->Centronics interface? https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-SBT-UPPC-Centronics-Printer-Cable/dp/B0007UVRVO
maybe i should go get it back! Thinking about firing up my original 486/33 win 3.1 system. if it doesn't work, i can recycle it!

Need to make a shop run today, drop off my wheel. maybe i can borrow an e-fat-bike (fat e-bike?, Fat-e?) to break trail for @Mountain Bike Mike ?

Also thinking about trying on the xc ski boots - been 15 yrs, but what is the worst thing that could happen? Mouse nest?

-----

Lots of DIY stuff today - including cutting into my heating system. You know, something that is better done in the summer if things go wrong.

Stay safe.

Patrick

Staff member
How goes it?
I start the 30 day Monday the 15th.

11.2.6 - still on track - down 7+ lbs.
I was on my feet for 9 hours today, working on the house. I'm hungry and want a beer! Five more days to go, i can handle it. Although i may skip the last two cleanse days and go to 1 per week, with a reasonable diet and bring the workouts back - I'd like to see the high 160s again, but it can wait until short-track.

i didn't ride this week. Not happy about that.

Top Bottom