Clean Start

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i was gonna take the credit, i brought the car out of the garage and changed the oil ect this weekend was hoping i could be ready for the season and not worry anymore :(

ran the car through the carwash yesterday. That did it.....

rick81721

Lothar
i was gonna take the credit, i brought the car out of the garage and changed the oil ect this weekend was hoping i could be ready for the season and not worry anymore :(

I went for a drive in the shelby yesterday. Looks like she hides in the garage for another week at least.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ran the car through the carwash yesterday. That did it.....

it sure didnt help

I went for a drive in the shelby yesterday. Looks like she hides in the garage for another week at least.

yea at least a week, then theres a chance for next weekend too, so need it to not snow and a good rain to wash all the salt away, then ill wash the challenger and its open season.

another thing i did (apparently stupidly) was put away the snowblower, drained the gas ect ect. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!! old man winter just wont quit :dead::mad:

Patrick

Staff member
A little funny:

The spouse took advantage of the nice weather last Saturday to do some work in the yard. I was out the first half
of the day, so she wanted to crank-out a bunch of the little stuff.

Definition: Husband: ent. jiberish n. one who carries stuff when told​

Anyway, i've been on an n+ run for the last few months. cx, ss, fat. and they are sitting happily in the garage. The marin
from my brother's place is here for repair. Her bike, my son's bike, half-wheel thing, unicycle, the ht, and the fs.
This doesn't seem ridiculous. Right?

My son spotted the fatbike a few weeks back, and "confronted" me. I told him that he could ride it. All good.

Anyway, I got home, and it was explained that the bikes seemed to have multiplied, and that there may be S bikes in the garage.
I asked if that included the unicycle - and it did not. She seems to think the correct number is 4, with a more reasonable number being 2.
Ultimately, we identify 5 bikes as "mine" and that my son can use them - so not so bad (of course he would need clipless shoes)
While I'm in this intense discussion, I realize there is a bike in the trainer in the basement, and the EVO is in the shop, cause you don't want to
see me wrap bar tape (seriously, that plus the once a year mechanic's eye, and some fitting)

So i'm in a 7 bike situation here. This seems to be a good number - although might go to 6.....maybe

road, cx, winter road, ss, ht, fs, fat

we'll see how the summer goes. i may need dh, dj, bmx, cruiser.....:D
Now to go and count wheelsets!

---

will be at mooch madness - have no idea which race to sign-up for......temped to do endurance.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
will be at mooch madness - have no idea which race to sign-up for......temped to do endurance.

iv been very loosely toying with the idea of doing the endurance races as well, just been a busy spring (i think its spring, but not really sure) for me.

which bike you looking to move along if you decide to reduce the stable size? i have also been on an n+1 hunt lately.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
A little funny:

The spouse took advantage of the nice weather last Saturday to do some work in the yard. I was out the first half

Anyway, i've been on an n+ run for the last few months. cx, ss, fat. and they are sitting happily in the garage. The marin
from my brother's place is here for repair. Her bike, my son's bike, half-wheel thing, unicycle, the ht, and the fs.

My son spotted the fatbike a few weeks back, and "confronted" me. I told him that he could ride it. All good.

Anyway, I got home, and it was explained that the bikes seemed to have multiplied, and that there may be S bikes in the garage.
I asked if that included the unicycle - and it did not. She seems to think the correct number is 4, with a more reasonable number being 2.
Ultimately, we identify 5 bikes as "mine" and that my son can use them - so not so bad (of course he would need clipless shoes)
While I'm in this intense discussion, I realize there is a bike in the trainer in the basement, and the EVO is in the shop, cause you don't want to
see me wrap bar tape (seriously, that plus the once a year mechanic's eye, and some fitting)

So i'm in a 7 bike situation here. This seems to be a good number - although might go to 6.....maybe

---

Liked for 11 bikes and 37 wheel sets.
See you Sunday at whichever race you sign up for.

Patrick

Staff member
iv been very loosely toying with the idea of doing the endurance races as well, just been a busy spring (i think its spring, but not really sure) for me.

which bike you looking to move along if you decide to reduce the stable size? i have also been on an n+1 hunt lately.

probably the cx bike. my handling skills and little motor aren't conducive to competing there - even tho i'm really just participating.....

Patrick

Staff member
I dont think i can go back to a road bike with the crappy roads we got.

while i've enjoyed some city riding, urban-road is not my type of riding.
between the crap on the road, the condition of the road, and the vehicles, it is a sh*t-show.

Riding out my front door and into the nice rolling hills and valleys of hunterdon county at any time
but high-commute will produce a stress-free ride, with decent-to-new road conditions. There are enough options
to avoid the crappy roads.

#feelinglucky

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
A little funny:

---

Definitely too many bikes. Winter Road / CX can be the same thing, easy one bike reduction. SS / HT the same, can be reduced. Lets be honest, you dont need the fat bike. For the 5 times you rode it this winter, you could have just ridden a regular mountain bike.

Quality over Quantity rules in this case.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Lets be honest, you dont need the fat bike. For the 5 times you rode it this winter, you could have just ridden a regular mountain bike.
I can't help but get jealous when you see ppl posting their ride in the snow.

If money and storage are a non issue, n+1 would be awesome. Some day....

Patrick

Staff member
Definitely too many bikes. Winter Road / CX can be the same thing, easy one bike reduction. SS / HT the same, can be reduced. Lets be honest, you dont need the fat bike. For the 5 times you rode it this winter, you could have just ridden a regular mountain bike.

Quality over Quantity rules in this case.

agree on combining cx/winter/trainer, guess i should keep the superX and sell the caad8...all about the extra wheelsets!
probably could ride SS anywhere i want to ride the HT, it hasn't had gears on it in 3 years. Maybe i'll put it back together and sell it.
now that i've gone fat......rode it 7x in 11 day after i got it (3/11). then went on vacation and it has a flat. I like it! will be back in business soon.

road/cx/ss-ht/fs-b+-29r/fat

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I have three - most I have had in a while. Mountain, shit weather road, and the nice road bike. I think you could pair them down to four. HT, FS, shit, nice road. Don’t waste your money on a DJ if you go with a bmx. Gonna do the same thing, and having had both, go bmx if you want to break your wrist vs DJ. The DJ in the parks just don’t work as well as a bmx.

Patrick

Staff member
I have three - most I have had in a while. Mountain, shit weather road, and the nice road bike. I think you could pair them down to four. HT, FS, shit, nice road. Don’t waste your money on a DJ if you go with a bmx. Gonna do the same thing, and having had both, go bmx if you want to break your wrist vs DJ. The DJ in the parks just don’t work as well as a bmx.

i was being facetious about the little bikes! now a trials bike :p

also forgot i have the single speed flat handle hipster bike in florida.....

rick81721

Lothar
I'm currently at 4 - road, cx/bad weather/night, FS 27.5+, FS 29. Short-term plan to add a lightweight FS (short travel) 29 (and keep the current 29 spearfish as backup). The 27.5+ is my "fat" bike, no interest in riding in snow again. And don't have any interest in HT or SS. After that, the only other bike I might get is another road bike more dedicated to Florida - maybe a tri-bike with bigger gears

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Do you need more space? Is the fact that you have the number you do somehow interfering with your life in some meaningful way? If not, why rush to get rid of them? I've never understood why some people have such strong opinions on this kind of thing - I see articles that say things like "Why you should only have one bike" ... aside from some magazine writer just trying to meet a daily word quota or something like that, those articles are entirely pointless. Could we all get by with only one bike? Shit, probably. But if we don't have to and we aren't creating some genuine problem by having them all, who gives a shit if we have one or ten? If you like the bikes you have, have the space for them, and they're bought and paid for then why feel like you need to get rid of any of them? Because you don't ride them "enough"? So what?

Patrick

Staff member
Do you need more space? Is the fact that you have the number you do somehow interfering with your life in some meaningful way? If not, why rush to get rid of them? I've never understood why some people have such strong opinions on this kind of thing - I see articles that say things like "Why you should only have one bike" ... aside from some magazine writer just trying to meet a daily word quota or something like that, those articles are entirely pointless. Could we all get by with only one bike? Shit, probably. But if we don't have to and we aren't creating some genuine problem by having them all, who gives a shit if we have one or ten? If you like the bikes you have, have the space for them, and they're bought and paid for then why feel like you need to get rid of any of them? Because you don't ride them "enough"? So what?

This is powerful! Right up there with the @Mountain Bike Mike reasoning - 'it makes me happy' -
maybe i should stick with upgraditis tho, rather than n+1 augmentation. Nice set of hope brakes on the tallboy would be sweet!
Also flies much lower under the radar than S-1 limits. which is what we are talking about in this case......

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
agree on combining cx/winter/trainer, guess i should keep the superX and sell the caad8...all about the extra wheelsets!
probably could ride SS anywhere i want to ride the HT, it hasn't had gears on it in 3 years. Maybe i'll put it back together and sell it.
now that i've gone fat......rode it 7x in 11 day after i got it (3/11). then went on vacation and it has a flat. I like it! will be back in business soon.

road/cx/ss-ht/fs-b+-29r/fat

sell what? the SS? or the HT?, if you decide to LMK. . . n+1 mentality is killing me already.

Top Bottom