Clean Start

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can't get rid of anything! I have a similar box of floppy discs, coaxial cables, just outdated junk...what is wrong with us? I need a whole house purge. Or just move out of this one with a couple pair of underwear and start over somewhere else.

rlb

Thinking about firing up my original 486/33 win 3.1 system. if it doesn't work, i can recycle it!.

You should do this just to show your son. Do you have a CRT monitor hanging around? Need that for full effect.

I was on my feet for 9 hours today, working on the house. I'm hungry and want a beer!

This is always a hurdle for me when I play with the diet. I've programmed myself for that beer reward after accomplishing something, and dammit I'm an adult and I pay my bills so I want a damn beer. And let's face it, I've programmed myself for that beer reward on days where I do jack shit. Beer.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You should do this just to show your son. Do you have a CRT monitor hanging around? Need that for full effect.

This is always a hurdle for me when I play with the diet. I've programmed myself for that beer reward after accomplishing something, and dammit I'm an adult and I pay my bills so I want a damn beer. And let's face it, I've programmed myself for that beer reward on days where I do jack shit. Beer.

i just dropped the monitor off at best buy this weekend. it was a sweet one too. 17" high res, multiple inputs (bnc connectors), kept room warm.

---

you are not helping!

and i didn't successfully complete my project - so no beer reward.
Yesterday, I cut open the boiler, inserted some Tees, and isolating valves. Easy enough.
Today was plumbing the heat frame to the boiler, then fixing the factory
wiring to match the schematic in the air handler after it wouldn't "test fire".
After another couple hours of getting pissed, I realized the second stage heat on my thermostat
would not stay engaged. I finally said f-it, and wired the second stage to the first stage (radiant floor), cause it's cold. Room is warm now.
W1f3 is happier.

Can you find the blue tape over the door safety switch?
The print was so small on the original schematic, i had to blow it up to read it.

IMG_8204.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8200.JPG
    IMG_8200.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 61

Patrick

Staff member
so a couple things.

i'm 54, and i feel i'm losing my marbles. Seriously, it is weird. Usually i'm just strange in an endearing way(imho:)), but i'm typing stuff now, and
deleting it cause, wtf! Oh well, feel free to call me out. Did i mention this before: As a scientist, working in a lab environment for 25 years, i/we just throw
crap out there. If a few % of what is said leads to the next step in a process, that is success. If it was just dumb, oh well. Onto the next thing.
Come to realize, most of the world just doesn't work that way - so i'll adapt. i've also got pretty thick skin - you should hear my wife critique some
of my cooking!

Got some abdominal issues brewing here. not of the caliber of last year's hospital stay, but it is annoying.

i rode a few days in a row - wanted to go longer, but there is just this lack of motivation, so late starts. With short track and HOH coming,
it is easier to force(convince) myself to get out. Maybe it is the riding alone thing? I was really looking forward to Bill (@shrpshtr325) kicking my ass monday.
that did not disappoint.

the scale needle started to move. that is good.

the tallboy and super six are performing really well. I have a derailleur adjustment to do on the supersix - it is shifting the chain over the big chainring if the back is in the little cogs.
need to read up on that one - there is a high stop, but if not done right it can damage the motor. ETAP is awesome. i can't say enough about e-shifting on a road bike.

that leads to the next toy i purchased. it is an eshift mechanism that mounts to the chainstay, and works the cable of the stock deraileur. I had a panic attack when i hurt my thumb at ottos, and wasn't sure i'd be able to press the thumb shifter again. should be here in the next week or so - it was a kickstarter project. i'll post a report - it is wireless shifting on a single thumb pod for both front and rear derailleurs (the pod has 4 "buttons" - i'll use 2) -

it's going to rain multiple days, i have a bike in a dumb trainer in the basement sitting in front of a projector. I may have to make the swiffer call here! kinda fun with a 100" screen. or i can watch Buffy again. and get the kid on the elliptical with me.

its funny, i've felt like crap the last couple days on the bike - the endurance level has gone to crap (i was actually feeling good july->september last year) - but i managed to put up a couple PRs on the road around RV - actual climbs and rollers. and not wind aided. so who knows.

I am looking forward to short track - maybe xdave or greg will get to taunt me on course. I'm going to try to hold-off Kristine from passing me twice. how about that for a goal!

Cheers! Spring can not come soon enough.
(hmm, maybe my SAD kicked in, and i'm just in denial?)

Keep writing everyone - create some content. Better than the damn google news feed.

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Monday was fun! If I'm ever pushing too hard feel free to call me out on it. You won't hurt my feelings.

Hopefully we can get a little luck for Friday.

As for riding alone, it really does suck imo. I like exploring new places (hence the fun Friday ride series) But Not Alone. If I ride alone It Is almost Always Some Place Close And Typically on the Quick And/or Boring. My introduction to cr last fall helped to expand my nearby options.

Also note that i only stop at allaire anymore after work is when a friend is there. The park is just boring to me now

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
that leads to the next toy i purchased. it is an eshift mechanism that mounts to the chainstay, and works the cable of the stock shifter. I had a panic attack when i hurt my thumb at ottos, and wasn't sure i'd be able to press the thumb shifter again. should be here in the next week or so - it was a kickstarter project. i'll post a report - it is wireless shifting on a single thumb pod for both front and rear derailleurs (the pod has 4 "buttons" - i'll use 2) -

Sounds like the speed shifters I have (see buttons on either side of Jorba). Mine just operate the rear derailleur - I use the front derailleur so infrequently it wouldn't be worth it - but this comes in handy during climbs) :

26065803_210777262822461_7416509592126881792_n.jpg

As for riding alone, it really does suck imo. I like exploring new places (hence the fun Friday ride series) But Not Alone. If I ride alone It Is almost Always Some Place Close And Typically on the Quick And/or Boring. My introduction to cr last fall helped to expand my nearby options.

Also note that i only stop at allaire anymore after work is when a friend is there. The park is just boring to me now

I'm the opposite - I find it to be a fun adventure going to a new park alone and without any plans (no gps route downloaded, just find out where the trailhead is) and go for it. In fact I'm doing this tomorrow at Alafia State Park.

Patrick

Staff member
Sounds like the speed shifters I have (see buttons on either side of Jorba). Mine just operate the rear derailleur - I use the front derailleur so infrequently it wouldn't be worth it - but this comes in handy during climbs) :

26065803_210777262822461_7416509592126881792_n.jpg

I'm the opposite - I find it to be a fun adventure going to a new park alone and without any plans (no gps route downloaded, just find out where the trailhead is) and go for it. In fact I'm doing this tomorrow at Alafia State Park.

i can get them on my roadie - still thinking about it. or maybe out on the ends of the aerobars!! (baiting)
on the sram system, pressing both buttons simultaneously would shift the front.

the thing i'm getting is a single thumb pod, that goes where the thumb shifter would be. this one: https://www.xshifter.com/
the good part is that it just adds a motor to the system and shortens the cable to about a foot.
we'll see. maybe i'll put it on the hardtail first.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Did i mention this before: As a scientist, working in a lab environment for 25 years, i/we just throw
crap out there. If a few % of what is said leads to the next step in a process, that is success. If it was just dumb, oh well.

(hmm, maybe my SAD kicked in, and i'm just in denial?)
This may explain why your posts always just seems like a bunch of random thoughts and you put it on the reader to piece it all together.

Patrick

Staff member
This may explain why your posts always just seems like a bunch of random thoughts and you put it on the reader to piece it all together.

damn, i thought this was going to be an aerobar comment.....:D
--
to respond to your statement, yeah, it's just bad writing style that doesn't bring the reader into context.
^^^
see what i did there ;)

Patrick

Staff member
And here we go again!

My abdominal distress, mentioned above, is another bout of diverticulitis. Which is inflammation of the diverticula - of course :)
To summarize, i have a belly ache. It is annoying, changes in intensity daily, and should clear-up in a week or so with a little luck.

Did i mention it is annoying - and especially so with high-cadence cycling (normal road cadence.) not so bad pushing hard at low cadence, or standing.

The bad news is that one the prescribed antibiotics (Flagyl) can cause severe cramping and nausea when combined with
alcohol. The good news is that i could use a couple weeks away from the beer - and having a compelling reason
other than, gee you drink too much, helps.

This should get the scale moving lower, and back to last summer's fighting weight which is somewhere around 170.
I'd like to be a bit lighter for the Chicago Marathon in October.

19 or so days until Hell o' Hunterdon. @stb222 is pushing me to start climbing, yeah - i know!!! Thanks Coaches :D
I'm on an 8 day streak of outdoor riding. That hasn't happened since last July.
This statement is somewhat misleading as it hints that indoor riding is happening. It isn't.

Interesting thing about riding in the rain: It wasn't so bad. Now it was not raining buckets, just steady at times, misting/spritz others.
Clothes got wet, but not drenched. Even that day in the 30s wasn't horrible - although it took some time for the fingers to thaw.
I am riding a bit scared tho, and between the abdominal pain, and the o-sh*t factor, speeds have been way down.
Guess learning to trust the bike on a wet surface is a process? Trusting not to get run down in poor visibility is something else.

I was thinking about starting an Indoor Gardening thread, see what people have besides @The Kalmyk ;)
This happened - it is a succulent (not a succubus) - never had one of these bloom before. will post when upload starts working on my chromebox again.

Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The bad news is that one the prescribed antibiotics (Flagyl) can cause severe cramping and nausea when combined with
alcohol. The good news is that i could use a couple weeks away from the beer - and having a compelling reason
This reminds me.... You gonna be at ST on Sunday? I still haz yo beerz.... Edit - I drank yo beer.... Doc's orderzzzzzz

rick81721

Lothar
And here we go again!

My abdominal distress, mentioned above, is another bout of diverticulitis. Which is inflammation of the diverticula - of course :)
To summarize, i have a belly ache. It is annoying, changes in intensity daily, and should clear-up in a week or so with a little luck.

Did i mention it is annoying - and especially so with high-cadence cycling (normal road cadence.) not so bad pushing hard at low cadence, or standing.

This should get the scale moving lower, and back to last summer's fighting weight which is somewhere around 170.
I'd like to be a bit lighter for the Chicago Marathon in October.

19 or so days until Hell o' Hunterdon. @stb222 is pushing me to start climbing, yeah - i know!!! Thanks Coaches :D
I'm on an 8 day streak of outdoor riding. That hasn't happened since last July.
This statement is somewhat misleading as it hints that indoor riding is happening. It isn't.

Interesting thing about riding in the rain: It wasn't so bad. Now it was not raining buckets, just steady at times, misting/spritz others.
Clothes got wet, but not drenched. Even that day in the 30s wasn't horrible - although it took some time for the fingers to thaw.
I am riding a bit scared tho, and between the abdominal pain, and the o-sh*t factor, speeds have been way down.
Guess learning to trust the bike on a wet surface is a process? Trusting not to get run down in poor visibility is something else.

I was thinking about starting an Indoor Gardening thread, see what people have besides @The Kalmyk ;)
This happened - it is a succulent (not a succubus) - never had one of these bloom before. will post when upload starts working on my chromebox again.

Did your gastroenterologist reco dietary changes? I get diagnosed with diverticulitis with every colonoscopy, but so far it has been totally asymptomatic. Good luck with the treatment!

Patrick

Staff member
Did your gastroenterologist reco dietary changes? I get diagnosed with diverticulitis with every colonoscopy, but so far it has been totally asymptomatic. Good luck with the treatment!

don't eat things that don't digest easily (or at all) - like salad leaves while irritated.
current thinking is that it isn't straight up diet related - ie, nuts will not get stuck in there -
literally, shit gets stuck in there, and if it doesn't naturally clear because of all that is going on, it can get inflamed.
i am supposed to drink more water.

Top Bottom