2016 gravity season

Boy you guys complaining about lift lines, go to highlands or just about any other park in the first month of weekends. I have had 40 minute waits before. Once the other parks open shit will thin out. I have this free month and I haven't even got the chance to go yet.
Any word when Blue opens?

Creek's gondola is the fastest lift I've seen. Three peeps and bikes per chair on a detachable high-speed lift is damn hard to beat. When I go elsewhere, I realize how fortunate we are.

I went to Thunder Mtn last year and could have fallen asleep on their crazy-slow chair lift. Just painful! And there was zero line.

Creek started out nice but by 10:45 the lift line was out to the parking lot and riders were still coming. I met a guy who came from Baltimore.
If you cannot take the Creek lift line, then this sport is not for you. It does not get faster than that gondola. I am usually good for 18-22 runs in a day at Creek, there have been days at Highland that I got five with the same type of push for runs. Plattekill/Thunder/Blue 8-10 on busy days.

Speaking of lifelines yesterday was AWESOME at Creek. Great dirt from the rain Fri night. picture was around 12 noon. Loving it.

Attachments

• IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 190
I was at Mtn Creek yesterday getting used to the new bike. It was busy, but the line wasn't out to the parking lot.

We noticed one thing they have done was to add a "singles line" to the left. If you're there solo, you go into that line and jump into a gondola with only two people. It moved pretty quick and helps keep the up-mountain flow at maximum.

Back in the day, a race weekend at Plattekill would have the lift line all the way into the parking lot of the lodge. You were lucky to get 4 practice runs on course through the day.

I'll be at Highland next weekend (my apartment in NH is about an hour away) and I'm sure it'll be nuts. And since the only other mtn open right now is Plattekill, everyone is going to Creek. Once other mtns open, it'll thin out a bit. JDog posted he heard the day he was there was the busiest they have ever been in almost 20 years.

I was there yesterday too - lines were longer in late morning but moved. The lift attendants kept people loading/moving. After lunch, lines weren't bad at all - and trails never seemed crowded (to me at least).

It's funny... if you mainly ride the rocky trails it can feel like you have the whole mountain to yourself. :p

I made it there like 3:30 afternoon and it wasn't bad at all. trails were dusty and loose. pic following my buddy down outlaw. kicked up all kinds of dust.

Attachments

• 13087839_10201872269085363_1474680129941018584_n.jpg
    13087839_10201872269085363_1474680129941018584_n.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 181
A few of us plan to go to Thunder Sunday and Blue opening day May 7.

We got the MTB Park pass. best investment ever. Anyone game to join?

Did you receive your actual pass? Still waiting for ours.
Do report back on Thunder mountain. Hoping to ride there soon with @map111158

One friend has been there. Said its awesome, flowy jump lines. its just far. 3 hours from Edison. So I will stay at my buddies house in NY so its bearable driving there in the morning. I cant ride after driving 3-4 hours in a car.

I didn't get the pass yet. They keep sending emails that they updated the parks with your name so you can grab it but will ship passes end of April or May time. Saying some mountains are still in ski season since our season started early this year.

You in for Blue Mountain May 7? I did the enduro race last year and that place is very fun. I want to do more exploring this year. A season pass is $199!

The MTB park pass is great, free for this place, we want to do weekend trips where we do two mountains up north makign the pass worth it. Then creek is ~$20 for a day pass. Cant beat that.

Yeah I got in when discounts were applied. 2 passes at $129 a piece. That will pay for itself within a month. The creek 50% off after the free is where savings wins.
We hit highlands where I leave 4am and on the slopes by 10am. So you need to adjust that no ride after the drive attitude :). Thunder may get into that highlands rotation weekend.

Yeah I got in when discounts were applied. 2 passes at $129 a piece. That will pay for itself within a month. The creek 50% off after the free is where savings wins.
We hit highlands where I leave 4am and on the slopes by 10am. So you need to adjust that no ride after the drive attitude :). Thunder may get into that highlands rotation weekend.
Yes, Thunder is worth it. Should be up at Creek on Sunday to dial the bike in.

Heard about a new bike park opening this summer: Massanutten, VA if you wanna add it to your list. I've done Gravity East races there on the '97 World Cup course and it was one of my favorites of the circuit.

So this is in Harlan Price's neck of the woods. He was telling us about this when we were out at Michaux. I don't think it's going to be done until the summer but I have not kept tabs on it so IDK for sure.

Back
Top Bottom