2016 gravity season

DownhillR3

Seems too many of these pop up. Park either commits or doesn't. Blue is a perfect example. Great Mountain, much bigger then Creek yet little commitment. I am disappointed to hear that anybody has been removed from bike ops at creek as they have been doing a fantastic job last bunch a years.

I left Bike Park Ops at Creek last year. Those of us who love the sport did everything we could to make riding a better experience for people but when a company doesn't take care of you, after putting in 10years... had to think of myself more than doing it for the love of the bike community.

Alias, now i'm just a rider again and love it. I'll never work where I play again. Learned that lesson. But was honored to be a part of the build up of Creek Bike Park, before all the negativity that seems to be in the air this year.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Sorry to hear of the negativity at Creek this year. I thought that era was over after the closing of Diablo. I'm super out of the loop...haven't even touched my DH bike since last summer. Ah, the joys of adulthood and home ownership.

njkayaker

New Rubber and brake pads! time for LAPS.
IMG_1959.JPG

olegbabich

Creek started to run the triple lift. It is soooo slow. :(

We were there yesterday and it was a glorious day. There were a couple of MTBNJ Jerseys on the hill.

Ellsworth Bikes has a demo going on this weekend.

njkayaker

That's getting your money's worth.
I had 47 days skiing when I first met @pedals and know that's a great season.
you see they raised the prices for next season? i was lucky enough I purchased the bike park pro app for $5. competition for app owners most days and laps at several bike parks. there were like 4 people at Creek who purchased the app. I won next seasons pass easily. $5 for a season pass. :)

Ian F

Man, I remember the days when I used to easily surpass 50 DH days at Creek. Never got a free pass for it.

Maybe a side effect of more competition for park riders in the area? A few years ago, Creek was pretty much the only game in town - yes, there was Plattekill, but it's not an easy day-trip drive and while Launch tried hard, but the simple fact is Spring Mtn doesn't have a lot of elevation to work with. Now Blue and Thunder competing for riders. Blue really needs a proper top-to-bottom jump/flow trail to get taken seriously, but Thunder has definitely invested some serious $$$$$ into making it a place that can really compete with Mtn Creek and even Highland.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Ian F you aren't kidding.
Blue has more elevation and is longer then the others. If only they could get some money dumped in trail development and a dedicated trail crew. Was very little to no trail maintenance this year.

Ian F

@Ian F you aren't kidding.
Blue has more elevation and is longer then the others. If only they could get some money dumped in trail development and a dedicated trail crew. Was very little to no trail maintenance this year.

Agreed, although I do like the more natural trails at Blue. The only change I saw from last year was the new bridge on the DH race course so the DH and Enduro could both run at the same time - also eliminating a potentially bad near head-on trail-crossing situation.

Looks like my time in NH will be coming to an end soon, so weather permitting, Oct 22 will likely be my last day at Highland this year.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Agreed, although I do like the more natural trails at Blue. The only change I saw from last year was the new bridge on the DH race course so the DH and Enduro could both run at the same time - also eliminating a potentially bad near head-on trail-crossing situation.

Didn't ride DH at Blue this season (or anywhere for that matter, sigh) but I heard about a new machine-built freeride trail called Hell Camino? Also, the DS track was new and pretty sweet in my opinion.

DownhillR3

Maybe a side effect of more competition for park riders in the area? A few years ago, Creek was pretty much the only game in town - yes, there was Plattekill, but it's not an easy day-trip drive and while Launch tried hard, but the simple fact is Spring Mtn doesn't have a lot of elevation to work with. Now Blue and Thunder competing for riders. Blue really needs a proper top-to-bottom jump/flow trail to get taken seriously, but Thunder has definitely invested some serious $$$$$ into making it a place that can really compete with Mtn Creek and even Highland.

Agreed, a lot of competition these days. Keep an eye on Killington too in the near future. Thunder is great, but have a feeling its going to end up the same way Windham did. Gravity Logic came in and built amazing stuff but after the first season, no maintenance was done due to lack of experience in house for trail building and it went down the drain. Lets hope for the best, more places to ride the better! I may be at Highland next weekend too.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Looks like my time in NH will be coming to an end soon, so weather permitting, Oct 22 will likely be my last day at Highland this year.
just heads up highland over mountain enduro is 10/23 , not sure how this will affect trails . I'm planning to get out there 10/21 to get the stages dialed and hopefully have time and energy to explore and play ride a lil

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Ryan.P

One very fun bike park
Do No Brakes Hellion Run!
Was thinking about that weekend
But now you gave heads up I will pass.
Sloooow Chairs!

Looks like the first weekend of Nov for boywonder and myself.

Ian F

just heads up highland over mountain enduro is 10/23 , not sure how this will affect trails . I'm planning to get out there 10/21 to get the stages dialed and hopefully have time and energy to explore and play ride a lil

Yep - one of my teammates reminded me of that. I'd forgotten. So instead I'll be there with a few teammates for one last hurrah on the Carbine (before I swap a number of the parts over to a new Tracer frame I have) running the enduro.

Typically, the other trails will be open to ride during practice, but may be closed for the event on Sunday.

Top Bottom