Will Diablo Continue...

ellbiddy

From what I understand, Diablo wasn't owned by the resort. They lease the land during the summer, so I doubt anything will change as it's a "better than nothing" approach for them in the spring/summer/fall

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
its still there isnt it? well I know when I was at diablo I saw the waterslides, etc.... Dont know about the good old wave pool of death, and the river rapid rides. The cars, boats, and tanks are gone though. Too bad those were fun days.

Wobbegong

I was a frequent park warrior in my early teen years. I never got hurt, but saw many victims on the golf cart.

I loved that place. I clearly remember the alpine slide, cliff dive, the roller cart water slide, cannonball slide, tarzan swings....... Soooo much dangerous fun to be had there.

I still remember how F'ing cold that water would be when you hit it. :eek:

thedoner

pink shirt i was wondering what happened to make the diablo and you relationship seem sour ?

Me too. What's happened?
It doesn't look like anything will change, at least for the upcoming season. Not with events of this caliber on the calender.

http://singletrack.competitor.com/2010/02/news/sign-up-for-u-s-open-of-mtb-next-week_6275

Maybe with the change in ownership, some of the XC trails at the top of the mountain that have fallen into disrepair will be maintained. Givin that its my backyard, I'd certainly be happy to pitch in for some TM

mwlikesbikes

Traction park was awesome!!! From the alpine burns you'd get when your knee or elbow hit the concrete track to getting whiplash on surf hill when you'd slam into the padding at the end of the track. If you didn't leave there with blood oozing from your body somewhere you weren't having enough fun.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I've never been to Accident Park but my brother went with his friends and he cracked his head open on one of the rides. That was enough to keep me away.

jdgang

I worked at Accident Park for a summer on the alpine slide...best time ever...so so many people would go to fast and crash (the best road rash) or go to slow and get hit from behind ...the trick to go fast was to sit as far foward as possible...at the end of the night the workers would race each other down to the bottom since two of the tracks where excactly the same. and the parties...they would import these foreign workers that live at the park for the summer...most where over 21 great times

thedoner

Shawn will never rebuild the xc trails at diablo. If anything there will be a short track race.

Yeah, probably wishful thinking on my part. Not really hoping for a race, but some of those trails are pretty nice when they're clear, and not littered with blowdowns.

Top Bottom