Wildlife

thegock

20PT BUXX PXL_20210722_203848173.MP-01.jpg

I saw this crew two days in a row in Westfield. The first evening was at Dudley and Clark St.---very aspirational and the picture above is at the North end of Prospect Ave adjacent to Rt. 22. The middle one is an 8 point with his two 6 point buddies. Rare to see three decent size bucks together. Wonder why?

Over the Bars

View attachment 164613

I saw this crew two days in a row in Westfield. The first evening was at Dudley and Clark St.---very aspirational and the picture above is at the North end of Prospect Ave adjacent to Rt. 22. The middle one is an 8 point with his two 6 point buddies. Rare to see three decent size bucks together. Wonder why?
They spend most of the spring and summer in bachelor groups beginning of September is when they typically start to break apart again

iman29

Earlier this week this young buck jumped out at us along Columbia trail and nearly took us both out. Then he settled in behind a tree less than 10 feet away and was almost to the point he looked like he would have taken food out of my hand if I had something. Didn’t try tho.

Then yesterday I happened to be looking for something on my security camera and caught this guy buzzing past. Screen shot
Of the video.

2EEDC224-5B3A-4571-BBA6-1D13D673989E.pngC4DBDE2B-45AB-44B4-BCB8-D4B7FE682079.jpeg

JonF

What we have here, my dudes, is a magnificent specimen of pure New Jersey Blacksnake. Very Boucoup!

Saw this bugger over by the golf course at Allaire. I've seen plenty of garters and ringnecks, but never a black racer. I'd say she was north of 4' for if it was even an inch.

IMG_20211016_132011.jpg

Top Bottom