Wildlife

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
My wife took our son to NICA practice tonight at Estell Manor as I was a bit jammed up with work. She just sent me this pic, with a text caption "omfg":

IMG_3085.jpg

She isn't a huge fan of snakes, so this made me chuckle. They were at the main entrance to the north end trails, right alongside Artesian Well Rd.

thegock

No picture. DRAT

Vistar trail at Stephens up top by the building. I had about five seconds to get my phone out and shoot, but the 288 lbs. mama bear was staring at my bike from about 23 yards. My assessment was that if I made a false move, she might react to the danger I was placing her two scampering stuffed animal size cubs and fatally maul me. So I slowly backed up on the trail while they ran down a swale with a creek in the bottom.

I continued to listen to the Saturday team call on my budz.

No picture. DRAT

Vistar trail at Stephens up top by the building. I had about five seconds to get my phone out and shoot, but the 288 lbs. mama bear was staring at my bike from about 23 yards. My assessment was that if I made a false move, she might react to the danger I was placing her two scampering stuffed animal size cubs and fatally maul me. So I slowly backed up on the trail while they ran down a swale with a creek in the bottom.

Saw that family a bit earlier close to the train track underpass. Saw three cubs with the mama. Missed a pic, too, but they made enough room for me to go on the trail I wanted to take. They were heading toward Vistar the last I saw them.

thegock

Saw that family a bit earlier close to the train track underpass. Saw three cubs with the mama. Missed a pic, too, but they made enough room for me to go on the trail I wanted to take. They were heading toward Vistar the last I saw them.

We're u on the SC 5010?

iman29

Today on my road ride I took a detour to the HS parking lot where I know they have a porta John near the fields. I pulled thru the parking lot and this thing is perched on the fence facing a drainage area. I stopped pretty far away and zoomed in just to get a pic. Then it didn’t move and I rolled closer and closer until I was about 25 feet away. I then realized it was focused on the gopher den down below. This thing was huge.
9CAF5DB3-A562-43FB-8E91-B084B6542AC8.jpegD1B93051-4678-4827-A31F-D4DD81A94D28.jpeg790AACA4-DCB4-44F7-833D-E13A0A8D3743.jpegC71FB04A-8D25-48D0-9179-87B587BB26CD.jpeg

rick81721

Lothar
No picture. DRAT

Meanwhile, how a teenage girl in California handles a similar situation:

Fearless-Teen-Pushes-Bear-of-Backyard-Fence.gif

Top Bottom