Wildlife

Maybe we finally caught the mystery knocker who’s been banging on doors and running away around here.

Hope the link works

I saw the video from the security camera and it doesn't look like a fox, but the video is not that crisp so who knows. Not sure how you would confuse them either as they look nothing like each other other than maybe the general size.

My brother has fisher cats near his house in Vermont. How big was the one you saw? We have multiple mink sightings behind my house.

My brother has fisher cats near his house in Vermont. How big was the one you saw? We have multiple mink sightings behind my house.
I can't really tell, the video was posted on the local FB group and given the size and shape of the body identified as a fisher cat. Apparently they make quite distinctive a sounds, and my next door neighbor was telling us a few days ago that up the road they found a fisher cat.

I know there are minks too because they wiped out my other neighbor koi pond (it's more like a mosquito breeding ground if you ask me, those fishes must have a very rich diet because they are not eating mosquito eggs/larvae for sure, but I digress) a few years back during the winter digging tunnels in the snow to access the pond (pretty cool, if you are not a fish that is). I believe minks are smaller than fisher cats.

Quite honestly I think it's nice having such a diverse fauna (even though fisher cats were re-introduced years ago after being extinct).

Here is my funny long story......
I'm riding Pumphouse trail this morning around 6:30 AM and I see a turkey squatting on a small branch about seven feet off the ground.
I stopped to snap a photo of it, when out of the woods comes Brer Bear. Bear looks at me and I look back,
Dsc06623.jpg

then I look up at the turkey on the branch. Now Brer Bear looks up at the turkey too.
Dsc06627.jpg

Now the Bear stands up for a better look and most likely thinking it's a good breakfast.
Dsc06624.jpg

Brer Bear looks back at me, maybe wondering what the hell is going on.
It's then I realize it's a rubber turkey someone has stuck up in the tree! Ha!

Dsc06625.jpg

Bear looses interest and figures something is wrong here and turns to the cubs and says, lets get the hell outa here!
Dsc06628.jpg

So off they go, leaving me with a funny story.
Dsc06629.jpg
the end.
Dsc06631.jpg

Maybe those kids weren’t banging on my garage door after all.

Driveway camera has been repositioned t catch this view and the first morning at 3am caught this on video last week. (Screen shot)

The front door camera caught 1.5 minutes of the deer eating all the flowers out of the pots. Wife not happy.

A143B19B-8D40-4870-B4AD-8344F16AFA04.png

Back
Top Bottom