Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
If anyone lost a blue packable jacket, it’s 1/3 of the way oreland from the powerlines.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions are excellent. Thanks @trailhead for doing a bunch of cleanup work over the past few weeks and for blocking off some of the really eroded cheater lines on orange.

If anyone lost a blue packable jacket, it’s 1/3 of the way oreland from the powerlines.

This fell out of the tree that it was hanging from and was on the trail the other day. It's in my car now, and if nobody claims it then i'll leave it by the sign at the bat cave lot.

xc62701

Cheater lines suck. So does the person that took out the tree by the derailleur rock squeeze on Oreland. Just because you can’t make a turn you need to alter the trail? Sad...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cheater lines suck. So does the person that took out the tree by the derailleur rock squeeze on Oreland. Just because you can’t make a turn you need to alter the trail? Sad...

I still risk my derailleur every time by riding the original line even though there is a straight shot past it now.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
tl;dr
Basically everything is good to go except for probably yellow heading to the dam, and maybe righter mine. Also the rock garden at the bottom of white heading from hawk watch to solar pond/red is probably extra flooded.

Orange from the bat cave has the usual wet spot, and a wet spot near the top before the gravel shit.
The spine is good.
That first part of white after crossing orange from the spine is good, but my feet got a little wet at the woods road water crossing because I didn't think I needed to ratchet crank, and I did.
Orange from there to the hawk watch was fine except for that one spot that usually takes a while to drain/dry.
New way down had the two small wet spots at the top but was otherwise fine. It was pretty wet at the bottom, but duh.
Beach Glen had the two wet spots in between the two climbs. I need to remember to bring my mini pick axe along next time to dig something out there.
The Beach Glen woods road stuff wasn't too bad, but something got majorly fucked right near the lot. From the little bridge that @trailhead put in last year back to the lot is completed flooded, almost hub deep. I ratchet cranked the whole thing buy my feet still got a bit wet.
Lake Ames is totally dry except those couple of spots that are always wet most of the way down on the old woods road.
Camp and the woods road getting there are fine.
Oreland is totally dry except for just after the bridge at the bottom, and right by the derailleur killer rock.

xc62701

tl;dr
Basically everything is good to go except for probably yellow heading to the dam, and maybe righter mine. Also the rock garden at the bottom of white heading from hawk watch to solar pond/red is probably extra flooded.

Orange from the bat cave has the usual wet spot, and a wet spot near the top before the gravel shit.
The spine is good.
That first part of white after crossing orange from the spine is good, but my feet got a little wet at the woods road water crossing because I didn't think I needed to ratchet crank, and I did.
Orange from there to the hawk watch was fine except for that one spot that usually takes a while to drain/dry.
New way down had the two small wet spots at the top but was otherwise fine. It was pretty wet at the bottom, but duh.
Beach Glen had the two wet spots in between the two climbs. I need to remember to bring my mini pick axe along next time to dig something out there.
The Beach Glen woods road stuff wasn't too bad, but something got majorly fucked right near the lot. From the little bridge that @trailhead put in last year back to the lot is completed flooded, almost hub deep. I ratchet cranked the whole thing buy my feet still got a bit wet.
Lake Ames is totally dry except those couple of spots that are always wet most of the way down on the old woods road.
Oreland is totally dry except for just after the bridge at the bottom, and right by the derailleur killer rock.
Nice post but you need more detail.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
tl;dr

The spine is good.

@Ashcor info on trails for tonight

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Ashcor info on trails for tonight

Yeah, basically everything is good. Except probably yellow heading toward the dam, and I would also probably avoid Righter Mine. But that's pretty much always the case anyway.

xc62701

trimmed Yellow up near hawk watch parking area.
replaced the map on the Kiosk at hawkwatch parking area ( see how long this one lasts)
spent many hours this weekend trying to reduce the flooding on the Beach Glen trail ( Blue)

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions