Why do you ride ?

it clears my head and keeps my energy up.

also, its the only time i get random snippets of songs stuck in my head. i can't live without that.

See pic.

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 135
Just better sex life.;)

Just feel free and the fun of it.
I have to agree with a lot of what everybody is saying...:D

as stated by many others - I grew up on a bmx bike and a ten speed and riding bikes brings back great memories and makes me feel like a kid. I love the physically challenge of hills and technical sections. I love the feeling of cruising along on a road bike and enjoying the scenery. It is fun and great exercise. today I got out in the woods for the first time since end of november. the idea of riding keeps me motivated in the winter to keep my weight under control, and the last two years I have been able to ride in february and march somewhat regularly at least on the road and it is nice to be in half way decent shape for riding the in the woods now.

any guesses as to where I was today?

Attachments

• 0411111400a.jpg
    0411111400a.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 0411111355a.jpg
    0411111355a.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 144
Ron, rumor has it you have many bikes but don't ride any of them ?

Really?

Rumer is so not true, was out again today.
"So the person who give's you this info speak with head up butt."

Please insert Asian voice when reading.;)

Really?

Rumer is so not true, was out again today.
"So the person who give's you this info speak with head up butt."

Please insert Asian voice when reading.;)

"so yie..you ren ken ni suo ce ge hwa,yung ta pi gu ciang"

Stress release! For those hours on the road or trail It's all about you. For us XC boys I love the scenery and some places are better than others. The other aspect about riding is the challenges the trail offers or the ones that motorist throw at you! (You know who you are...)

だから与える人がこの情報はお尻に頭で話すあなたです。

haha..
another one: "dadi..wong sing ngandani kowe iki info,ngomonge karo silite mleding" bet you didn't know this language without google.:D

sorry,,back to topics!

why i ride?
to get from point A to point B....and back again to A, then maybe i will keep on going to Z.
beside i don't have problems with my life to get away from:D

haha..
another one: "dadi..wong sing ngandani kowe iki info,ngomonge karo silite mleding" bet you didn't know this language without google.:D

sorry,,back to topics!

why i ride?
to get from point A to point B....and back again to A, then maybe i will keep on going to Z.
beside i don't have problems with my life to get away from:D

Yes true, and yes back to topic..

kvsp - what do i win?
you win....a box of rain - delivered sometime tomorrow.

someone posted about having songs stuck in your head while cycling. I looked at my arms and legs today and had "whiter shade of pale" (procul harem?) playing over and over in my head today. Hope everybody got some kind of ride today. mucho nicoh weathero today

Because I hate running. Lol I started riding 10 years ago when I hit 40. I knew I needed some kind of exercise to loose some weight and realized it was fun and the pounds dropped quickly. I find the time I spend on the trails goes by much quicker than working out at the Gym. 2 hours on the trails goes by fast. 2 hours at the gym sucks.

you win....a box of rain - delivered sometime tomorrow.

someone posted about having songs stuck in your head while cycling. I looked at my arms and legs today and had "whiter shade of pale" (procul harem?) playing over and over in my head today. Hope everybody got some kind of ride today. mucho nicoh weathero today

I got my first ride in of the season at Mahlon today , got a nice bit of sun on my face , legs are still "a whiter shade of pale "

This one is hard to leave unanswered, so I'll take a stab. I like where riding puts my mind, especially mountain biking - I love to ride road from time to time, but it takes me a while to shut out the day on a road bike and I have to worry about mindless motorists, It's like driving without the benefit of protection.
On single track I feel my complete attention is required to what I am riding and the worries of the day are gone in the first 100 feet of trail.
I've done a bit of trail maintenance, some organized and some rogue (nothing crazy, just patching) and I have to say I love trails, the people that build and maintain them, and the people that use them (maybe even the occasional jerk who seems oblivious to etiquette).
I like the activity and I've found I generally like the people who ride. I've moved around a bit in life and the ride has generally been the spark for some great friendships. I know it has been a strong thread in my marriage and I'm grateful for that.
Even though I don't "train" and too often let crap keep me from the bike, I see it as essential to me. To paraphrase and cheese up Descartes "I am, therefor I ride."

Back
Top Bottom