When will we have a ride?

mcw

Will we have any group ride soon? I finally change to ride with clipless. Hopefully, I can manage well on the trail. ;)

With spring here, I'm sure there will be group rides starting. You should really take this time to get comfortable with the clipless before joining a ride. Make sure you can get in and out easily. Don't wait to hit the trails to learn-You will be setting yourself up to get hurt. Good- luck !!

As soon as it's ready for us, I have a group of five women clamoring for a Lewis Morris ride. Some are new, some not so new. I'm thinking about a Friday during school hours... you'll be welcome to join. But, as Pedals said, practice, practice. Hold on to a fence to start working with the clips and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
I would love to ride with the ladies as well...but since I'm a teacher, I can only meet up after 3 on weekdays. If you plan an afternoon ride I'll be there!

Once the Stewart course is marked for Singlespeed-a-palooza, I would be happy to lead a girls weekday afternoon ride up at Stewart. Maybe mid April, when things really dry out. I saw a bunch of women registered in the Cat 2 which is awesome! Any interest in a pre-ride?

I've been talkin w the hubby to get there and pre-ride, but would also love to meet and hang w/ the girls. Will this be a "social-type" ride, or are you looking at timing?

I've been talkin w the hubby to get there and pre-ride, but would also love to meet and hang w/ the girls. Will this be a "social-type" ride, or are you looking at timing?

I am ok with social. I just want to inspect the course and get out on my SS. I do not mind re-do's, regrouping or guys tagging along, especially if it means a few more girls will come out to race. I just like to ride, and enjoy the occasional treat of being free from the guy agenda. :popcorn:

I hear ya--Let's try and make this happen then.. The sooner a date is thrown out the better, so people can plan. No rain allowed...

I am looking forward to getting out there also.. I'm out of practice and seriously need to get back in the game.. but since I work during the week, it'll be tough for me to go on many weekday rides.. I may be able to work out something after 3 a day here and there.

I'm waiting for maddawg and the mayor to announce they will be marking the course up at stewart. I think that will be soon. Then how about I start a new thread for girl friendly pre-ride at stewart. I am thinking possibly April 15 or 16 or the week before the race if we get rained out. I am also free April 1 and 2 , but not sure if course will be set.

On another note, I will starting weekday intermediate terrain rides at Ringwood soon. Not sure if it will be Tues or Thurs yet. We usually start around 4 or 4:30 and start the season at a slow pace.

On another note, I will starting weekday intermediate terrain rides at Ringwood soon. Not sure if it will be Tues or Thurs yet. We usually start around 4 or 4:30 and start the season at a slow pace.

pix!

Could I get in on this?
I promise to leave my agenda at home. ;)

pix!

Could I get in on this?
I promise to leave my agenda at home. ;)

sorry, but this one is for girls only. Please do not take personal, or think we hate men, it's just that a bunch of women tell their husbands to stay home that day, and it would not be fair to allow other men to tag along. Sometimes we just need to do our own thing.

However, I will let them all know about your rides on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom