What wine are you drinking now?

Australian Shiraz tonite with homemade chili ? Big hit with my wife and (almost) 21yo daughter.
View attachment 116810

We spent a couple days in the Australian wine region in 1990. They were just starting to export, and the small vinyards were hesitant.
The Eileen Hardy Shiraz was better than most.

This doesn’t fit in the whisky or beer threads, so I’ll plop this here.

Damn sake can be on point sometimes- we have a few favorites, this is fun cold one:
0989E90B-B7F9-447B-97DF-5D87C818A7F8.jpeg
Who doesn’t want to walk the way of the warrior?

Men men men men, manly men!

Was that Monty Python?

Something from Wegmans after some fun.

E19629B5-CE96-4E04-BDC8-2549806CD0D3.jpeg

Wife says that's the theme song from Two and a half men.

Is Wegman's selling chainsaws now?? Also, looks like one of you got "cut off" too soon ?
But seriously, what wine are you drinking? NMI, other than red from Wegman's. ?

image.jpg
2017 Raymond cab

Oily nose, vanilla and dark fruit over the tongue, dry and chalky mouth feel. Leaves a nice coating in the mouth for a salt or vinegar food. We had ham soup. Don't remember $$ but most likely in the $15 range.

Have they harvested the mustard yet?

Some folks do "dry January", however, due to a seemingly relentless and intense cold and flu season this year, everyone in my family has had either the flu, strep, RSV, this that and the other infections which meant no Vino for going on 4+ weeks. In lieu of a night cap, a shot of antibiotics and a few acetaminophens has been the norm. :p

Bu Mom's b-day was yesterday so i threw a tenderloin roast on the smoker and popped a bottle of Foley's Cab from his Shelter Wine project. Man did that taste guuud after such a long hiatus. These wines are an awesome value and come from legit Napa plots (though undisclosed). Sorry, no pic, was trying to do all the cooking with wifey still sick.

Its been some time since he did that project and it seems the last of the stocks are being blown out at various retailers. If you're in the Monmouth county area, I recently grabbed a bunch from Spring Lake bottle shop for under $40/btl. Nicholas wine in Middletown also has stock. Both have websites to order if thats preferable.

View attachment 119897
2017 Raymond cab

Oily nose, vanilla and dark fruit over the tongue, dry and chalky mouth feel. Leaves a nice coating in the mouth for a salt or vinegar food. We had ham soup. Don't remember $$ but most likely in the $15 range.

Have they harvested the mustard yet?
Raymond velvet around $35. The Merlot (blue velvet) is one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom