What wine are you drinking now?

JonF

Recently domestic wineries have been feeling the crunch with the CA gov continuing to tighten the screws on shutting things down. Some on the online wine community (like njmtb but for winos) are cutting some sweet deals with bottles being discounted anywhere from 20-50% and sometimes with free shipping to boot. Anyone who's paid to have wine shipped knows that alone is a huge advantage.

Anyways, not sure if you have to be a member to view this subforum, but lots of things to peruse there. Its all CA, OR and maybe a WA wine or two with some other things (coffee, charcuterie, glasses, etc) mixed in. Worth a look if you enjoy US wines. I just bought some Saunter cab's, all single vineyard for half price. Haven't bought much else since i went long on the january BerzerkerDay buying frenzy in addition to spring allocations. Some of the standout offers to me are Saunter, Walter Scott, Loring, Dirty & Rowdy, Jean Edwards, Patricia Green, and more. Also a good opportunity to take a flyer on some smaller wine growers as they tend to have mixed discovery pack offerings on the cheap.

Roadie

Recently domestic wineries have been feeling the crunch with the CA gov continuing to tighten the screws on shutting things down. Some on the online wine community (like njmtb but for winos) are cutting some sweet deals with bottles being discounted anywhere from 20-50% and sometimes with free shipping to boot. Anyone who's paid to have wine shipped knows that alone is a huge advantage.

Anyways, not sure if you have to be a member to view this subforum, but lots of things to peruse there. Its all CA, OR and maybe a WA wine or two with some other things (coffee, charcuterie, glasses, etc) mixed in. Worth a look if you enjoy US wines. I just bought some Saunter cab's, all single vineyard for half price. Haven't bought much else since i went long on the january BerzerkerDay buying frenzy in addition to spring allocations. Some of the standout offers to me are Saunter, Walter Scott, Loring, Dirty & Rowdy, Jean Edwards, Patricia Green, and more. Also a good opportunity to take a flyer on some smaller wine growers as they tend to have mixed discovery pack offerings on the cheap.

Do you frequent that board? I bounce back and forth between that board and mtbnj. Mostly lurk over there though

JonF

Do you frequent that board? I bounce back and forth between that board and mtbnj. Mostly lurk over there though
I go through phases. During outside/active seasons i visit there less. When the weather cools down and allocation season starts i pick back up. I do like that fact that there's a strong emphasis on supporting quality, good value, no fluff domestic (And foreign) winemakers. Through them I've discovered some great affordable producers that i stock up on for everyday drinkers and special occasion wines. There's still an element of wine elite there for some folks that enjoy chasing expensive burg and cult domestic cab and syrah producers but its easy to ignore those threads. BerserkerDay is always fun with a new slew of wineries to experiment with.

Roadie

I go through phases. During outside/active seasons i visit there less. When the weather cools down and allocation season starts i pick back up. I do like that fact that there's a strong emphasis on supporting quality, good value, no fluff domestic (And foreign) winemakers. Through them I've discovered some great affordable producers that i stock up on for everyday drinkers and special occasion wines. There's still an element of wine elite there for some folks that enjoy chasing expensive burg and cult domestic cab and syrah producers but its easy to ignore those threads. BerserkerDay is always fun with a new slew of wineries to experiment with.
Yes, I just ignore the snobby stuff on there. I really like that a lot of the winemakers get on there and talk about what they are doing. It’s a great source of info to find small and unknown wineries making great wine and to hear directly from the people involved.

roc

I’m slumming with some miler high life. I love this beer.

Attachments

• EB7E7807-7725-40F9-BC07-36ECD4AA674D.jpeg
    EB7E7807-7725-40F9-BC07-36ECD4AA674D.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2

rmap01

Should be sharing this with the neighbor

View attachment 123222
Only if the neighbor (a) appreciates good wine and (b) reciprocates by sharing good wines with you. Nothing worse than sharing a really good wine with someone that can’t appreciate it, or worse, tells you it’s too bitter (then proceeds to dump it down the drain and pour a glass of White Zinfandel.) ?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Only if the neighbor (a) appreciates good wine and (b) reciprocates by sharing good wines with you. Nothing worse than sharing a really good wine with someone that can’t appreciate it, or worse, tells you it’s too bitter (then proceeds to dump it down the drain and pour a glass of White Zinfandel.) ?

Other than the fact he is a @Roadie, I think we are both bringing the good!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Another sous vide roast required another good bottle of wine!
A little young, but I'm not sure it was going to get any better...

1586439167770.png

rmap01

So what’s the go to wine for Easter ham?
While some may prefer whites, the wide and I much prefer reds. You really can't go wrong with a (quality) beaujolais or pinot noir. Rhone blends should also pair well. And if you like your wines a bit bolder, zinfandel will do ya.

Top Bottom