What motivates you?

Some more things that motivate me to ride/ workout:

Clearing my head and cranking music when I ride.

Post workout shakes. 3 parts lemon lime Gatorade powder, 1 part vanilla protein powder....like key lime pie. So good.

A higher FTP. And before Dave Taylor @‘s me.... I know FTP isn’t the end all be all, it’s just a way to baseline fitness improvements. And when it goes up that means good things and it goes up from doing work.
Bahaha! FTP is a great metric to train off of. All I found is that I had better results by giving up some threshhold power for max aerobic power(5min). This suited me well for mohican with short punchy climbs. What ever motivates you is the goal though so...keep at it.

https://strava.app.link/oFmQEXS73cb
1610711155166.png

Morning motivation. This is my morning commute. Now you can see why I don’t do it very often.

This is my morning commute. Now you can see why I don’t do it very often.
Crossing major highways is where people do all sorts of stupid stuff at rush hour and you have a couple of those. Just zero respect for cyclists in those areas and shoulders are often replaced by another lane of traffic, leaving no space.

Crossing major highways is where people do all sorts of stupid stuff at rush hour and you have a couple of those. Just zero respect for cyclists in those areas and shoulders are often replaced by another lane of traffic, leaving no space.
Very true. Going early is what makes this route viable. I was only passed by 16 cars going in the same direction. If I were any later that would not be the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom