What Makes Road Riding Fun?

1) simplicity & time saver: don't need to pack up the car with gear and drive up to 1.5hrs to the trail head. Practically just rolling off the bed and getting on the bike.
2) my road bike doesn't make any noise compared to all my mt bikes :D
3) I pretty much don't have to clean it after a ride (not that I clean my mt bikes either :eek:)
4) you get to appreciate the scenery you otherwise miss while driving

I forgot one...

The best thing about riding road is murdering your friends when get back on the trails!!

-Jim.

me vs the road. riding mtb sometimes I just want to ride fast and not have to deal with roots and mud and stream crossings, stopping to find my way around new trails. Riding road takes out all those variables. Only forces of nature and traffic junctions get in your way.

5. Getting off the bike to scoot a turtle out of the road before a car crushes it.

I did this twice last year!!!

6. Bunny hopping the RR tracks.
And potholes, sewer grates, roadkill (yes, I've bunnyhopped roadkill!) That's what happens when riders weaned on MTBs get on the road

The best thing about riding road is murdering your friends when get back on the trails!!

-Jim.

correct...ask mike243, i def noticed a change in my speed

the look on the faces of the drunks when i get to the part time job at the bar wearing tights. thats pretty funny. when i can only get a 30mile ride in, my friends are in awe and im pissed cause i didnt do 50 or more. but the best part is the speed, power and endurance you build so you can ride your MTB longer

correct...ask mike_243, i def noticed a change in my speed
there is also a zen-like calmness that comes over you after the first 20 miles go down.
the whole urge to kick the $hit out of fellow coworkers just seems to fad away....

For me it's always been feeling like I'm 14 again... going out the door and just riding... no agenda... no place to be... just time to kill... with me and my thoughts... no need to bring music... that would be annoying.

I'm new to road biking but what I like the most is the fact I can just pedal and do not worry if this or that line is good like in woods. I just keep going and is amazing how far you can go. And of course I can roll out from my driveway and hit 9W in 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom