What is censorship? Trump is a clown but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Being Kicked Off Social Media, Trump Forced To Go Door To Door And Shout 'RIGGED ELECTION!'

"So there I am, sitting in my living room, watching Fox News and sipping my morning coffee. Suddenly, I year rapid knocks at the front of my door. I think to myself as I get up, do I have an Amazon order that's supposed to be delivered? I open the door, and standing there, hands on his knees, huffing and puffing is the 45th president of The United States of America. Donald J. Trump. I'm shocked. I'm flabbergasted. What is this great man doing at my house? Why is he out of breath? "Hello Mr. President." I say. He is now leaning against my doorpost, and has just about caught his breath. He holds one finger up, asking me to be patient. I, of course, wait. I would wait a thousand seconds for my president. He stands up to his full height of 6'3" looks me dead in my eyes and without vocal intonation or facial expression mutters a single word. With one word, this man wrought me to my core. With one word, I knew I would follow this man to the ends of the earth in order to rout the corruption in Washington and drain the swamp. The 45th president of The United States of America looks at the windows of my soul and mutters, "covfefe." Before scurrying off to the next blessed man on my street. As he leaves I feel an emptiness overcome me. That great man spoke to me, and I let him leave. But it's all okay. It's okay that he left, because even for the few moments he was here, he was mine. I'm just lucky enough to have met him. Thank you 45th President of the United States Donald Trump. Thank you."

I don't see it. At this point in time, who would fund it?

OAN. Maybe Fox. There’s a potential to make a shit ton of $.
Then there would be calls for the cable companies to not carry it, which I think would probably happen.

Haha, indeed. I imagine we will revert to the "white" lies of politics soon enough. And I think you will see the Democratic party eat itself alive soon enough as well. I think we're about to hit the end of the "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" era next Wednesday. The day after that, there will be plenty of bloodletting in the blue party.

I don't see it. At this point in time, who would fund it?
I know there was talks of it from someone I know who’s involved in one way or another. Think newsmax on crack

My favorite thing is when you research some of these alternative social media platforms, this is the first two sentences I find:

That sounds like a community I want to be a part of!

Reminds me of Voat and banning of r/the_donald. The users tried to go over there but were bullied for not being racist enough. That website is bananas.

@Norm

Can you ban users for misspelling "Parler?" Asking for Quasi, my Low IQ anon friend, who gives me all my political information. Please come write the answer in chalk on the street down in the hood.

Welcome to 1984 (the book).
They may be private companies but you could argue they are discriminating against certain groups which would not be tolerated in other businesses.
It technically is not government censorship but it accomplishes the same thing. Maybe they need to be regulated like a TV station or a utilit

Lot of interesting things here, so far so good.

What I will add is this - something I have said before. Does it not concern anyone that when a SNGLE social media outlet blocks the POTUS then he no longer has any way to communicate with the people of the country?
The President can have a press conference at any time. Social Media is not the only form of communication. Maybe him being blocked is good because he can have other members of his cabinet look at what he says and maybe there will be less conspiracy theories and craziness and more factual, thoughtful address that don't divide the country. There is way too much off the cuff remarks that are not helpful to anyone in the country.

I agree with others, they are private companies and can do whatever. But they are just shooting themselves in the foot and further dividing the country. There will be entire sm platforms and news outlets for each "side". Good luck uncle Joe!
IMO... the problem is, the news is a business for profit.
What is the lesser of th 2 evils? Free press that runs for profit or a state run media?

If you just read the headlines and you think you got it all, then you are doing yourself a disservice.
Read the entire article and if its something that is of importance to you, read it from all difference sources and then form an opinion.

Fast food and fast news, is not good for you.

I agree with others, they are private companies and can do whatever. But they are just shooting themselves in the foot and further dividing the country. There will be entire sm platforms and news outlets for each "side". Good luck uncle Joe!
I tend to agree with this statement, however Apple and Google basically control all smartphone apps. They can crush any upstart app developer just like they are doing with Parler.

I tend to agree with this statement, however Apple and Google basically control all smartphone apps. They can crush any upstart app developer just like they are doing with Parler.
maybe Nazis can make their own cell phones and operating systems so they can promote death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom