What is censorship? Trump is a clown but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
because mtbnj is also censoring

WRONG!

It'll be me censoring. Not the MTBNJ crew entirely. I am a dictator!

In reality my post is meant to let people know I'm watching. That usually helps keep people from checking each other into the box.

If you're suggesting that it's maybe not ideal that Twitter has become the primary medium for the POTUS to communicate with the American people, I'd certainly agree. At the same time, he is still the POTUS. He could, you know, hold a press conference?

This is what I'm saying. Twitter is not ideal as a communication means. Also, yes I think he should have a press conference now and again.

That said, time to move on. We do not need another press conference.

But they are just shooting themselves in the foot and further dividing the country. There will be entire sm platforms and news outlets for each "side".

I'm not sure there will be sides just yet but this is a valid concern. I think Twitter will roll back the ban when they see their viewership go down by 65%.

There are other outlets for speech.

I've been thinking about this a lot the last couple days.

The government has been all over the media platforms to police their users for inciteful, hate, or just plain misleading posts.
Fringe groups can't discuss their disdain in public (think radical muslim based) but radical americans can?
Read-up on the Section 230 stuff that protects the platform against individuals suing, but does not stop the
government from fining them.

What are these social media platforms - and how could the platform host be expected to maintain control of the content?
A publisher/newspaper vets what goes out on their platform. They can deny hate speech targeting protected groups
(or even anything the editor doesn't like) - they can stop the private accounts used to call groups to gather and riot.
If we are telling the platform they are responsible - then they get to decide who and what.

--

Like Utah said a while back. Keeping a secret for a week in this environment - there is no shadow government - there are
think-tanks that develop policy that they believe is a best course. is it the best course for business? people? government?
i dunno - probably some combo. Are there meetings where powerful people attend - sure, hell they were at comdex in the 80s,
now they get to hang with the elite. Why? They need to be able to back-channel.
I disagree with there are no secrets. They are just encrypted in such a way that normal thinking can’t comprehend.

weird time in the USA.
It sure is.

I personally don't agree with silencing the POTUS, doesn't matter who it is. BUT, as previously mentioned, Twitter is a private entity. It's not a public utility or service provider. It can do what it wants.

I don't think anyone would argue that Trump is out of touch, to say the least. People are tired of listening to him. Someone hit the mute button.

"The central concept in modern conservatism is victimhood. Responsibility, accountability—those are standards they apply to others, never to themselves. Even as they confront their stark record of complicity and culpability, they cannot absorb it."

Parlor had many discussions about encouraging armed militias to organize when Biden in inaugurated.
The armed militia in Kentucky was organized on parlor.
These wacko domestic terrorists are carrying guns and zip ties. I think it’s clear what they plan to do.

I have no problem with AWS shutting down parlor. They should be held accountable.

A lot of this is the Section 230 argument. Which is a whole other rabbit hole.

This is what I'm saying. Twitter is not ideal as a communication means. Also, yes I think he should have a press conference now and again.

That said, time to move on. We do not need another press conference.

Certainly agree there. With the press conferences there's then the question of how the major networks cover it. While I understand the notion that any time the POTUS holds a press conference, it's news and should be covered, I do think there's a point where they're just giving a platform to speech that is clearly, demonstrably false and dangerous.

If nothing else, the past 4 years has certainly shown us where the cracks in our various systems are (if it wasn't obvious already). The press had an awfully hard time figuring out how to cover the constant stream of lies within the construct of their normal "both sides" approach. I think they've hit a good balance now, but early on there was clearly a lot of "he's blatantly lying, but if we say that we'll be viewed as partisan". And certainly any notion that Governmental norms are going to serve as guardrails against someone who just chooses to ignore them is out the window.

Parlor had many discussions about encouraging armed militias to organize when Biden in inaugurated.
The armed militia in Kentucky was organized on parlor.
These wacko domestic terrorists are carrying guns and zip ties. I think it’s clear what they plan to do.

I have no problem with AWS shutting down parlor. They should be held accountable.

A lot of this is the Section 230 argument. Which is a whole other rabbit hole.
I’m confident these things have been organized on the other platforms as well.

giving a platform to speech that is clearly, demonstrably false

I would suggest watching Death to 2020 on Netflix. The part Lisa Kudrow plays is spot-on in terms of the non-stop gaslighting that this administration has done the past 4 years. Before anyone objects to my saying that - yes I am aware that all politicos do this, and have for a long time. I would argue that it has never been on this level.

IDK about you guys, but I sure am looking forward to 4 years of Jimmy Carter Joe Biden and some relatively boring days.

I’m confident these things have been organized on the other platforms as well.

maybe. Probably. But my point is that they deserve to be shut down for things like organizing terror.
The FBI should track these people down and send them to gitmo.

"The central concept in modern conservatism is victimhood. Responsibility, accountability—those are standards they apply to others, never to themselves. Even as they confront their stark record of complicity and culpability, they cannot absorb it."

Thanks for the laugh of the day!

Bizarro_World_002.jpg

Someone said think of Twitter as the Christian bakery and Trump is the couple that wants 2 grooms on the cake top.
This is really the best way to sum it up; find another platform that supports or agrees with your message. No one is silencing you, just because the biggest corporations don't want to believe in you doesn't mean you should quit.

Go mail out some letters or something.

I would suggest watching Death to 2020 on Netflix. The part Lisa Kudrow plays is spot-on in terms of the non-stop gaslighting that this administration has done the past 4 years. Before anyone objects to my saying that - yes I am aware that all politicos do this, and have for a long time. I would argue that it has never been on this level.

IDK about you guys, but I sure am looking forward to 4 years of Jimmy Carter Joe Biden and some relatively boring days.
“The ones who gas you up, only come around when the lights on”.

this administration up’ed this game 10 fold and since the main outlet was often Twitter and other platforms, it was much more in our face.

My favorite thing is when you research some of these alternative social media platforms, this is the first two sentences I find:

Gab is an American alt-tech social networking service known for its far-right and extremist userbase.Widely described as a haven for extremists including neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and the alt-right, it has attracted users and groups who have been banned from other social networks.

That sounds like a community I want to be a part of!

I did, pretty spot on and yes, definitely not on this level.

Recall the Politifact "Lie of the Year" in 2013: "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it".

Yup, that turned out not to be true for some percentage of plans that didn't offer a minimum standard of benefits. Kind of seems quaint as far as lies go now, doesn't it?

Trump TV network is coming- just a forewarning.

for him to rely on social networking to get words out is a reflection of the times- he has a white house as an outlet to speak- so on the subject of being silenced- he is not. He can speak if he can- who knows maybe he will resign before today is over- or pardon himself- or cry some more... either way, he’s out and they want to keep him out-

Death to 2020 was great. Lisa Kudrow was definitely one of the highlights of the production.

Kind of seems quaint as far as lies go now, doesn't it?

Haha, indeed. I imagine we will revert to the "white" lies of politics soon enough. And I think you will see the Democratic party eat itself alive soon enough as well. I think we're about to hit the end of the "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" era next Wednesday. The day after that, there will be plenty of bloodletting in the blue party.

Trump TV network is coming- just a forewarning.

I don't see it. At this point in time, who would fund it?

Reactions: don
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom