What if Jungle Habitat was closed to mountain bikers?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I stand on the side that there is no chance in hell that an atv park will ever get passed even if Obama was gonna be mayor. I go as far as my last born guarantee it. It's NJ we are talking about here. To me it's a waste of time and money, oh yeah the new jersey thing to do...

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Okay, here's the latest.
The township attorney has determined that it is indeed illegal to use open space funds for an ATV track feasibility study in Jungle Habitat. The town council then voted to rescind the resolution for the study. The township engineer will issue a memo summarizing the restrictions involved with an ATV park anywhere in West Milford. So basically as far as the township of West Milford goes the ATV park is no longer a consideration. However, the ATV committee may continue it's volunteer efforts on its own without support of the township.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Good news - we should be publishing in local newspapers. Park news, improvements, group ride schedule, etc ....
(i know, if i have the idea, i should do something about it.....I know....now i feel bad.) lots of people, do lots of really good
stuff for these parks, and the 1000s of users that don't know, and the millions that just think it happens on its own......

rlb

Sure @warcricket has plenty of other projects, but another movie in the style of his jdog/six mile vid would probably do a nice job of it.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
However, the ATV committee may continue it's volunteer efforts on its own without support of the township.

Thanks for the encouraging update. What does the above statement mean, however...what "volunteer efforts" are they referring to? Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
What it means-
The atv committee is comprised of volunteers independent of the town council. As such they are free to pursue their own agenda with thier own funds, much as jorba and nynjtc does.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions