What have you done to your bike today?

Mr.Moto

Tore down the Bucksaw last week after sending the fork and seatpost for rebuilding.
413069A9-49CC-4408-BB3B-572DB608125C.jpeg

Put in new bearings and hardware. Fork and seatpost are back. Assembly this weekend.
56042612-197B-486E-9DF1-1D0A485AA91C.jpeg

Kaleidopete

Sanded & lubed my dropper post. It has been sticking (not returning up) lately.
I saw scuff marks on the shaft, so I sanded it and lubed it. Maybe some bad junk got down in it past the seal.
Ran it up & down a few times, hope this helps it. My LBS said if I get two years out of the dropper I'm doing good.
We'll see.
WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

Mr.Moto

where did you send them to be rebuilt?

Sent the fork and seat post to Fox which I believe is Push here on the east coast. They talked me into new stanchions on the fork. Probably cost me way more than having a lbs do it. They did come back looking almost new. Let’s see how they perform.

Karate Monkey

Sent the fork and seat post to Fox which I believe is Push here on the east coast. They talked me into new stanchions on the fork. Probably cost me way more than having a lbs do it. They did come back looking almost new. Let’s see how they perform.

Unless the LBS has a nitrogen fill setup, they're not doing a full teardown of a shock. The damper needs to be charged with it... That's what the little nylon ball at the bottom of the slider is. At something like $7000+, that's out of the purvey of most "local" shops.

There are a few authorized service centers, including Fox in North Carolina.

Mr.Moto

Unless the LBS has a nitrogen fill setup, they're not doing a full teardown of a shock. The damper needs to be charged with it... That's what the little nylon ball at the bottom of the slider is. At something like $7000+, that's out of the purvey of most "local" shops.

There are a few authorized service centers, including Fox in North Carolina.
That’s the place I sent them back to.

jklett

The last couple of times I've ridden my Trek I've not been able to shift onto the biggest cog. I know that I had to shift the limit screws for the other wheelset so I figured that must have been the problem. I disconnected the cable and reset the limits(which weren't that far off at all, maybe half a turn). Turns out when I last replaced the cable(coincidentally right before I blew up the old hub hence the new wheel), I didn't have the shifter shifted all the way down. Wow do I feel dumb. At least it's now working the way it should.

qclabrat

Lost this last night on the fat bike while changing some parts
Where do you get a replacement bolt and cable clampy part for a Shimano derailleur?
1575301041041.png

Karate Monkey

Lost this last night on the fat bike while changing some parts
Where do you get a replacement bolt and cable clampy part for a Shimano derailleur?
View attachment 112405

Si.shimano.com

Enter the part number stamped on it, preceded by "ev-". Look up the associated part, bring to dealer with a Shimano account, and order. Online is a bit of a crap-shoot, since tiny parts have bad margins.

Of course, they should know how to do it, too...

serviceguy

Y
Si.shimano.com

Enter the part number stamped on it, preceded by "ev-". Look up the associated part, bring to dealer with a Shimano account, and order. Online is a bit of a crap-shoot, since tiny parts have bad margins.

Of course, they should know how to do it, too...
you could file a washer if you’re in a pinch...

qclabrat

Do you need special dropouts for CK fun bolts? Can't fit the bolt on the threaded side of a ROS9. Took off the hanger to check if it goes through. Way too thin to ride this way
IMG_20191202_222004.jpg

Top Bottom