What have you done to your bike today?

one piece crank

I planned to install a new rear tire on my fat bike, so I figured it was also a good time to convert one of the occasional use bikes from ghetto tubeless, back to tubes. It just makes much more sense for general usability and maintenance (but thorns will really suck). Got to spend some quality time outside scrubbing tires and rims, and playing with latex tape worms.

Next, I moved on to the fat bike. After removing the rear tire, I wasn’t too happy with the feel of the rear hub. So I pulled the axle, cleaned and relubed the cassette, and repacked the bearings - what a huge difference! This wasn’t expected maintenance, but well worth the effort. The new Bud tire went on effortlessly.

Now on to fenders. Last year I ran a down tube fender and a repositioned (down tube) fender mounted to the seat tube. Both fenders left gaps so this year I added a fork fender, and modified the rear fender by adding a homemade lower, rubber, mud flap and a homemade top extension. The main goal is minimizing slop that freeze onto the bike.

378E5706-1D69-488A-B315-3AD76271761A.jpeg
b

qclabrat

Putting together a donor bike and planning to use some old Aeffect wheels I had laying around. Though I can't get any tires on them except a crappy set of Duro Miners in the rear, which went on real tight as well. Tried, Butchers, High Rollers, Trail Kings, Nobby Nics and a different Duro with no luck. They are 27.5 and using the trusty Pedros irons. I change about 50 tires each year, so I can change a tire. Any ideas other than fire?
Btw: thanks @stb222 for the cassette and chain.
IMG_20191119_124101.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
In anticipation of riding in circles for longer that usual.... I swapped back to the Fox 34 from the rigid fork, replaced the stock KS remote with a Wolftooth light action and installed a new set of front brakes on the Domahidy. Rear wheel is set (sound of Silence).... Still need to do a quick bleed front and back, replace the rear pads and top off the Stan’s in the front and replace the valve core.... it’s due for a new one. Then off to CP this weekend.

2219BE6B-C872-4558-BFF4-D86F0FF3A440.jpeg
589232B4-1A00-4AA2-9900-E816DA34D72A.jpeg
93D0190D-C485-458C-9443-04E0BDE9AA7B.jpeg

Xler8

02camaro

Shimano has adapters that fit without adding any extra clearance. I got 180 & 203 rotors with Hope V4’s with Shimano adapters and everything fit just rightView attachment 111242View attachment 111243View attachment 111242View attachment 111243.
brake adapters confuse me but my bike was native 160, 180 adapter fit fine (which looks like what you have in the rear, or your bike wasnt native 160) the 160 to 203 adapter required the additional clearance. hope makes a 160 to 203 adapter that requires no mods but its ~$16 and the shimano is only $7. ill save the money and do the mods.

Last edited:

RickVaughn

Took off the ardent/ikon xc combo I was running on my sb100 and went with a more "downcountry" tire dhf/minion ss. Going to see how it rides. Not sure I'll notice any benefits but I know it's going to roll slower, alot slower.

And I think the tan walls look better
View attachment 110563View attachment 110564

how's it feel? i'm rocking ardent skinwalls on mine but might go dhr2 next season. also heard from maxxis that they're expanding skinwall offerings next year #blest

yeti.jpg

02camaro

i've become the very thing i swore to destroy

will likely try it in the spring especially with the rain and mud. hoping the 2.4 dhr2 skinwalls are coming out soon
Just got a 2.5 assegai and 2.4 dissector on my sb5.5, one ride in and I think i really like this combo, can't wait for park season, only 6 months away ?

bergsnj

Just got a 2.5 assegai and 2.4 dissector on my sb5.5, one ride in and I think i really like this combo, can't wait for park season, only 6 months away ?
nice! I just received that exact combo for my 150. i'm trying to really wear out my current dhr/dhf combo before putting them on

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
My Rivet leather saddle broke the other day no big deal (it wasn't very comfortable anyway). The real issue is why I went with anything other than a Brooks in the 1st place. I have an antique brown Brooks with like 10,000 miles on it and absolutely love it sooooo I went with a nice black jawn for my Straggler to replace the Rivet.
20191122_101341.jpg

Top Bottom