What have you done to your bike today?

bergsnj

installed a oneup components 800mm carbon bar on the yeti and put the 800mm yeti carbon bar on the fatbike with a 50mm stem i had lying around

80A6DE56-8372-49F6-B2C1-847974481FFE.jpeg

5E51F229-436A-46CE-A3A9-CDE06F0BBDE7.jpeg
3BBCD8DE-3732-452D-A145-5AE167B26E1E.jpeg

Last edited:

gpTron

Put Race Face Chester pedals on my Trek Roscoe 8 on Friday and took them out for their first ride today at Clayton Park. Purposely wanted to go to a trail with lots of climbing to see if they'd help. It felt like a completely different bike. According to Strava I shaved a lot of time off all my previous best climbs. Crazy.

mtbiker87

Latest pics of my U-08 gravel build
20191217_202857.jpg

Added a few parts and pieces I picked up from black Friday deals, after finally getting the drive side fixed BB cup removed. After a few days of flooding the BB shell with PB blaster, and using some parts of my homemade headset cup installation tool to fasten the BB tool to the cup, it spun out with a bit of muscular persuasion. French BB's are RH thread both sides, which I'm glad I Iearned before tackling this project. Hoping Christmas provides the proper funding for a Velo Orange BB. Otherwise, I'm buying a bag of 1/4" Ball bearings, and roll'n old school, as funds are drying up from being out of work for so long. At least I can pedal again, ( sort of ) , so I'm at least grateful for that. Merry Christmas, and happy holidays to you all !

Attachments

• 20191217_161635.jpg
    20191217_161635.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 63

qclabrat

Latest pics of my U-08 gravel buildView attachment 113675

Added a few parts and pieces I picked up from black Friday deals, after finally getting the drive side fixed BB cup removed. After a few days of flooding the BB shell with PB blaster, and using some parts of my homemade headset cup installation tool to fasten the BB tool to the cup, it spun out with a bit of muscular persuasion. French BB's are RH thread both sides, which I'm glad I Iearned before tackling this project. Hoping Christmas provides the proper funding for a Velo Orange BB. Otherwise, I'm buying a bag of 1/4" Ball bearings, and roll'n old school, as funds are drying up from being out of work for so long. At least I can pedal again, ( sort of ) , so I'm at least grateful for that. Merry Christmas, and happy holidays to you all !
Looks great, french standards are idiotic. Even the hubs are designed differently. What are the seatpost and stem diameters? Yeah the French are great stylist, but engineering... Doe my first real bike was a Carbolite in HS

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lost this last night on the fat bike while changing some parts
Where do you get a replacement bolt and cable clampy part for a Shimano derailleur?
View attachment 112405
I'm sure you have a ton of old v-brakes or cantis around. I've successfully used some of those parts on a derailleur from an old set. Otherwise hit up Home Depot for a bolt and washer.

qclabrat

Misplaced my diy headset press. I'd normally just bring it to a shop but I've got a few older bikes I'd like to work on this winter. Googling found some interesting options than the regular long bolt with nut and washers. Anyone else use a pvc pipe as a guide or copper fittings for the contact points? Might end up costing the price of a generic tool, but I made it myself.

mtbiker87

Thanks ! Yeah, the " standards " , if you can call them that, are wacky. The stem is 22mm. You can sand down a 22.2 stem down to size, buy a quill to threadless adapter machined to size, or do what I did, use a 21.1 adapter with a shim, since I already had them from another project. The seat post sizes for these bikes range from 22mm to like 26somthing within the same model...lol. Mine measures 25.6 which luckily, is an old, but legit size, and I've found a few still available from various vendors.

serviceguy

Misplaced my diy headset press. I'd normally just bring it to a shop but I've got a few older bikes I'd like to work on this winter. Googling found some interesting options than the regular long bolt with nut and washers. Anyone else use a pvc pipe as a guide or copper fittings for the contact points? Might end up costing the price of a generic tool, but I made it myself.

I use a two pieces of PVC pipe to prevent marring the actual cups (or the frame on the opposite side of the first cup I am pressing in). I prefer to use a fitting so it's already cut straight, using a hand cut piece proved to be not so beneficial in the past.

Kaleidopete

Got a flat tire, rear, took it off and replaced the tube with the new one I carry on the bike.
This is all done in my basement, not outside.
I pump it up and notice air leaking out of the sidewall of my tire! Air trapped between tube & tire? NO.
Take tire back off and I see the cut/split in my tire, about 1/2 inch. Not bad though.
Check the "new" tube, it's got a hole in it! I must have got a hole in it while it was duct taped to my frame.
Damn, get the old tube and find the pinhole and patch it. Damn again, the patch isn't sticking. Use another
patch and leave the cellophane on it rather than try & pull it off. I notice an older patch that looks the same,
cellophane left on it. I patched the split inside my tire with another patch and installed the old tube with two
patches on it. Seems to be holding, I'll check again in the morning. I also patched my "new" tube and that seems
good too. The good news is.....I didn't have to do this in the cold woods! And I got my spare tube patched BEFORE
I need it. Did you know patch glue has an expiration date? They say 4 years. (Rema company)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I know what you're saying, but it's a $120 studded Cakeeater, not even one year old, winter only use.
I'll see how it holds up and keep an eye on it.
I hear ya... but there is a lot of flex at the sidewalls when riding. I would doubt glue alone will hold it. If anything.. I would sew it and then patch it. And have it tubed.

Karate Monkey

@Kaleidopete you aren't supposed to remove the cellophane until the patch is totally cured. Pinch it in half when it is, and it splits down the middle, so you can peel it off towards the edges with no danger of pulling the patch up.

I usually don't bother, unless I have reason to go back into the tire.

Top Bottom