What have you done to your bike today?

Well that escalated quickly, quick travel change turned Into full rebuild including some shim stack tinkering . Mezzer pro back to 170 , had been running it at 160 for few months .
20220831_201337.jpg

Got my new knog bell installed the same day it arrived on the gravel bike. Not happy I had to stuff it between the light and the stem but the cable routing was in the way on the other side and didn’t line up with the slots on the bell.

At some point need to clean this all up and get the Blendr mounts for the garmin/light combo. Gettting too crowded.

Now I can ring the bell and yell passing behind you when the people stop in the middle of the trail. 🤦🏻‍♂️

E325CBE1-BD82-4EAB-9722-615083C9637F.jpeg

Just upgraded my 21 Trek Marlin7 wheels from stock tubed 29" to a wider tubless with rapid drive fast engagement 108 hub. Also upgraded from 29x2" wide Maxxis Ikons to Rekons in 2.25". HUGE bump in response/traction without any noticeable increase in rolling resistance. Running 26 psi makes all the difference on my build.

Also swapped in PNW RANGE BARS after cutting them down from 800 to 760mm. An external Dropper is next 🚲

Attachments

• Resized_20211123_090742_17758353501037.jpeg
    Resized_20211123_090742_17758353501037.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Resized_20211123_100924_17758144924214.jpeg
    Resized_20211123_100924_17758144924214.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Just upgraded my 21 Trek Marlin7 wheels from stock tubed 29" to a wider tubless with rapid drive fast engagement 108 hub. Also upgraded from 29x2" wide Maxxis Ikons to Rekons in 2.25". HUGE bump in traction without any noticeable increase in rolling resistance. Running 26 psi makes all the difference on my build.

Also swapped in PNW RANGE BARS after cutting them down from 800 to 760mm. An external Dropper is next 🚲
Yep, you’ve definitely contracted upgrade-itis. No worries, you’re in a safe space…. You’ve found your people. 😁

Cushcore install failure !!! I came home to a flat tire after the install, pumped it up and sprayed soapy water around the rim. Bubbles from spoke nipples and what looks like a seam in the carbon rim. Off to the bike shop we go, turns our the rim is fine, the tape was compromised. Took me just about as long to get the dam tire off the rim with the insert as it did to put it on, can't even imagine doing that on the trails. Did the tape over (first time) and put the tire back on without the insert. Success, holding air just fine. Now I'm on the fence about putting Cushcore back in, might let my LBS do it while I'm away in 2 weeks.
CC Fail.jpg

Cushcore install failure !!! I came home to a flat tire after the install, pumped it up and sprayed soapy water around the rim. Bubbles from spoke nipples and what looks like a seam in the carbon rim. Off to the bike shop we go, turns our the rim is fine, the tape was compromised. Took me just about as long to get the dam tire off the rim with the insert as it did to put it on, can't even imagine doing that on the trails. Did the tape over (first time) and put the tire back on without the insert. Success, holding air just fine. Now I'm on the fence about putting Cushcore back in, might let my LBS do it while I'm away in 2 weeks.
View attachment 195360
Roll&Tuck really makes all the difference. I was able to do an install real quick and I am no mechanic, I didn't even use the trash can. Then I blew the tire and had t do it all over again, but that's a different story

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...742C5D3BBE7AFAA47870742C5D3BBE7A&&FORM=VDRVSR

After months of riding with mismatched wheels I got my hands on these slightly older but barely used Mavic Kysirium Pro SL carbon wheels from a friend who gave me a screaming deal too good to pass up.

Lucky also found 2 sets of brake pads locally so I set everything up last night with new GP5000 dark wall tires. First test ride today for 50+ miles they roll nice and smooth and braking is excellent compared to my old Alu rims. They even make this cool turbo kind of sound when im braking. These weigh in at 1390 according to Mavic so they are even lighter than my old wheels.

They are a bit narrower than previous wheels but it’s a small compromise and this should be good to get me thru the rest of the season and for my upcoming 100+ miler next week.

Yea those are gu gels on my top tube. Lick’em and stick’em and then I don’t need to share 🤣🤪

E1D05410-0ECC-40D3-9630-9653DBCBE920.jpeg

View attachment 195360
I used their bead dropper when I was running Tannus inserts. Once you get the hang of it (it's deceptively simple to use), mounting them isn't hard.

Back
Top Bottom