What have you done to your bike today?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Installed new pedals, converted to tubeless and added frame protection. Ready to ride this beautiful weekend!

9121539C-13EA-4909-BBE9-74AB460125D3.jpeg
D104A5F1-2791-41FE-BCB8-8B0F5A3D1593.jpeg

Karate Monkey

SSomething wicked this way comes.

ACtC-3dRmctneak6yoznQMoTcH8D-TeIXnJmCvToUdJJ04VogZLAMZXNqlKUZKY7G4WFXN762e_xbtm_G0ejCpKwOW3a2raj-7Nev99Q1eD7_aRHO_jEgfiVSeNq1E30MxmQ2zy3PW-Da-KtdW8GcJpru9pC=w1300-h976-no

ACtC-3d6lGkJ9a-C_KcYZDdHi7f8kHuTsPNZtd1eZ6FhtSWm0tVmGsa8v33TvAKoYyIJVlg7TPsklzsXfXRqoX5GVZxa7bA94OCIlHynczhcgpmbEjBoQsjXb32qFymWnIKzv7z4s2jsdCS2ZbkSLCRGfhp8=w1300-h976-no

This is what happens when you people don't buy my spare parts. I have a front wheel, but still need to build the matching front, so pictures to follow, I guess?

Anyway, I saw brakes available on Q when I was in on monday, immediately put in an order, and here we are.

Ian F

Started stripping down my vintage BMX bike.

If you think press-in bottom brackets are tough on a modern bike, try removing one that was pressed in almost 40 years ago and then ridden through all sorts of northeast weather and then sat in a basement since 1992. It's a Sugino sealed bearing bottom bracket. One bearing came out of the press-in race when I hammered the axle out, but the other bearing seems to be well seized in place. I had thought about trying to sell the frame as it might have some collector value to someone, but at this point I think it's trash. Kinda makes me sad, but oh well...

Ian F

1982 Schwinn Predator. Interesting, but not particularly valuable. Especially in it's "very well abused" and not even close to original condition. I was hoping I could get the bottom bracket out to sell it with the Sugino CT cranks, but that doesn't look feasible. I had changed out almost every part on the bike during the first couple of years. I have a couple of original Hutch parts that may be worth a few pennies on eBay. We shall see.

jklett

1982 Schwinn Predator. Interesting, but not particularly valuable. Especially in it's "very well abused" and not even close to original condition. I was hoping I could get the bottom bracket out to sell it with the Sugino CT cranks, but that doesn't look feasible. I had changed out almost every part on the bike during the first couple of years. I have a couple of original Hutch parts that may be worth a few pennies on eBay. We shall see.
I have a 10 ton bench press if you want to give it a shot. I'm right by sixmile.

serviceguy

Finished the 29+ wheelset build for the Mukluk. Hope hubs, WTB KOM Tough i45 rims and WTB Rangers 3.0 Light tires (which I'm not a fan of based solely on their looks, we'll see). Since I've now the fat bike on a summer setup (just in time for the cold season) a snowy winter is to be expected, with massive snowfall and quick rollback to 26x4.8 fat tires...c'est la vie!

Top Bottom