What have you done to your bike today?

Turned my SB 5.5 into an SB150. Basically a new bike, re-used the wheels, drivetrain, handlebar and brakes. New frame, suspension & dropper
IMG_3633.jpg

How do you like it compared to your 5.5?

I've only ridden it around the block so far but it doesn't feel huge like i thought it would. It feels a lot like the 5.5 so far but I can't say for sure until i get it in the woods.

I am partial to military green bikes and Big Honzo sooo, really nice bike...can you please shorten the rear brake hose/shifter cable? Please...
Definitely plan on it.. bought the frame a couple of weeks ago on my parents town. Came up here for the 4 with just basic tools to get it together. Super stoked about it..

Ohhh yeh she did have one complaint.. she hated the seat... I had that laying around so I may have to find something else.. of course she hasn’t been a fan of any bicycle seat anyhow..

@Mr.Moto wow that is pretty! Great job.

BIL asked for a cheap bike. Found a bike on the side of the road. Rear Wheel was off, der hanging, der hanger off, missing QR, bad cables, cranks and BB, and 30 bucks later... not pretty but rideable. I’ll leave the lock to him ha. Its a repainted Harley Davidson that was once a trek i believe since many Bonteager parts. I am really fascinated by the story of this bike.
07151EDF-F2BB-4983-9178-39B23E9C5B9C.jpeg

My dropper has always been 1/4" too high but the pivot bolt won't let me insert the post any deeper. I finally had enough and took it apart and a large ty wrap is the same width and thickness as the guide bushes and they bump a delrin sleeve at the top of the the travel. I compressed the post a little, cut 1/4" lengths of the ty wraps and maneuvered them into the guide channels and put the whole thing back together. My 125mm dropper is now 120mm(okay, 118.65 but you get the point) and it's not too high anymore!

Back
Top Bottom