What did the taco joint ever do to you???

where exactly is this place, is it that little hut on rt. 1?
It is NOT Borrito Royale on Route 1.

LA Casa DE Tortilla
(732) 398-0660
2017 Rt-27, Somerset, NJ 08873

LaCasaMedium.jpg

Last edited:
location,Location,Location!

I really like the black bean Burritos with a bit of their spicy Chicken.

I wouldn't say that this place is out of the ordinary. What makes it great is that it sits 30 seconds from the trailhead.

I do however dig the Mexican Sodas.

I have been jonesing for a shrimp fajita and another spin thru 6MI. My plan is to hit them up after the trail work session, (Sunday, March 2nd) and possible ride after? (yes this is also a plug for trail maintenance) Work for it! It will taste even better.

I would suggest that you guys try Joses in Spring Lake. Its right on 71 inbetween 'Squan and Brielle. Really good stuff there, Mrs. Walter and I have been going there for about 10 years now and it always good. Owned and operated by the same family since day one, its byob and only has about 8 tables so if you go for friday or saturday dinner go early or be prepared to wait a little bit.

Jose Tejas on rt. 1 in woodbridge is the best mexican i've ever had. its a rather large place that is always packed, but it's inexpensive, quick, and delicious.

I would suggest that you guys try Joses in Spring Lake. Its right on 71 inbetween 'Squan and Brielle. Really good stuff there, Mrs. Walter and I have been going there for about 10 years now and it always good. Owned and operated by the same family since day one, its byob and only has about 8 tables so if you go for friday or saturday dinner go early or be prepared to wait a little bit.
Aha. Mrs. ChrisG and I will need to check this out. We've just been taking the easy way out and hitting Surf Taco lately when the Mexi-can urge hits us. Time to visit a new place.

how about casa maya? i like that place too.

i'm gonna hit up walt's suggestion at spring lake when i go surfing.

i'm gonna hit up walt's suggestion at spring lake when i go surfing.

If you are driving on 71 going towards Brielle from Manasquan, it will be on your right hand side. It is on a corner of a 3 shop mall. Its the Icee Hut or something like that, a laundromat and Joses. There is also a Dunkin Dognuts on the other corner, same side, to give you a landmark.

They will hand you a menu when you sit down but look at the one wall to the left, its got a whole bunch of other stuff on there. They have the usual stuff but also a full list of "meals" like meat dishes, hot and cold soups and some seafood I believe.

When I was living in Belmar before I got married, the future Mrs walter would come and spend the weekends. We would usually eat there 2 times in a weekend.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions