What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

rick81721

Lothar
As a general rule I don't buy organic foods because they are a waste of money but this tastes pretty good.

10946298_890590614337029_94554752_n.jpg

PS I don't know how you guys drink those bitter as dog piss IPAs

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
which part is the organic? the chocolate?
and its british - probably means something different over there. :)

rick, bitter is better. when you and your taste buds mature, you'll understand. :D

rick81721

Lothar
rick, bitter is better. when you and your taste buds mature, you'll understand. :D

Riddle me this: I grill 2 identical steaks to the same doneness, one seasoned with salt and pepper, the other with salt, pepper and an herb that imparts strong bitterness but no other taste. Which steak is better?

walter

Fourth Party
Riddle me this: I grill 2 identical steaks to the same doneness, one seasoned with salt and pepper, the other with salt, pepper and an herb that imparts strong bitterness but no other taste. Which steak is better?

Trick question, all steak is delicious!

Wobbegong

PS I don't know how you guys drink those bitter as dog piss IPAs

How do you know dog piss is bitter?? :)

Hops can give a tremendous range of flavors. Its not just bitterness.

wonderturtle

Six point Hi res...

Wow. Certainly packs a wallop huh?

I love very hoppy IPAs, but IMHO, this one goes a bit too far. Attacks the palate with bitterness without the complexity/ interesting flavor of a good IPA.

Btw, only half way through the second beer and this is kicking my ass. High in alcohol huh?

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Six point Hi res...

Wow. Certainly packs a wallop huh?

I love very hoppy IPAs, but IMHO, this one goes a bit too far. Attacks the palate with bitterness without the complexity/ interesting flavor of a good IPA.

Btw, only half way through the second beer and this is kicking my ass. High in alcohol huh?

Totally agree. I thought something might be wrong with my taste buds with everyone loving this but just couldn't find the love.

Fegley's Brewworks
Venomous Imperial Honey Ale...

Highly recommend strong honey & citrus notes.
9%

:drooling:

Really digging the Fegley Hop’solutely Triple IPA. High avd at 11 but doesn't really taste like it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
nugget nectar in cans is better than bottles this year.
the bottles are not that special - now that i have a case of them.

So Wegmans in bridgewater now has "back room beer" - these are listed on a sign, and not on the shelves. two reasons - they are rationing the limited run beer - and since they have the "build your six pack" - people were putting the really expensive stuff (you know - $15/4pack) into the build your own 6 pack -

will update tomorrow with my purchase.

Last edited:

rlb

Haven't been able to find Nugget Nectar in cans unfortunately, I'd like to try it to see what the difference is.

I'm enjoying a High Res right now. I do recall having this before, it's a different kind of hoppy that you don't forget. That's my official non-technical evaluation. I'm enjoying it. When I'm done I'm going to disassemble and reassemble my perfectly functional clothes dryer. Hope it still works after that.

Also grabbed some Victory Hop Ranch last night, I'll give that a try once I'm done playing handyman. I've been on the lookout for that since it was mentioned in here before Christmas. I finally found it at Stew Leonard's in Springfield. We were on the way home from the accountant's office last night, it was like the universe knew I needed a drink!

giff06

Flying Fish Exit 4, Smuttynose Porter and Brooklyn Black Choclate Stout in no particular order!!!!:)
E&P
tSRt

J-Dro

I'm not sure why I never tried Hop Stoopid before, but it won't be my last. A very solid Imperial/Double.

uploadfromtaptalk1423952891219.jpg

Top Bottom