What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Okay, not sure which it is, but a local spot has a Bolero Snort batch brew that tastes a lot like the Carton Regular coffee. Is good.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone tried some of these on Forbes list? Thoughts ? I've only tried 3 Philosophers

http://www2.forbes.com/lifestyle/th...erral&utm_content=3&kwp_4=286893&kwp_1=198856

I've had the Fiddlehead, Heady and Maine Lunch & Peeper. The Lunch was really good, the Peeper not as good. Heady is legendary and Fiddlehead could be legendary but Heady already owns this title in VT.

That list is the hardest to find beers, so naturally they are the most sought after. Or are they sought after the most and thus the hardest to find?????

The internet is great for researching and finding some of the best things life has to offer however it can also promote hype and at the same time a feeling of discontent.

Sometimes a PBR is really awesome when you are in the mood for one.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
comic sans

10-Supplication-Russian-River.jpg

Roadie

Anyone tried some of these on Forbes list? Thoughts ? I've only tried 3 Philosophers

http://www2.forbes.com/lifestyle/th...erral&utm_content=3&kwp_4=286893&kwp_1=198856
I was up in VT a few weeks ago and got to try the Hill Farmstead Susan and Fiddlehead Second Fiddle (not on the list). The Susan was excellent and so was the Fiddlehead. Coudnt find either one in stores to bring back though (and I probably hit every store around Stowe). Curiously, it was pretty easy to get your hands on some Heady Topper. I am starting to think a lot of its limited production/hard to find reputation may just be a marketing scheme.

rsinger814

This weekends recap...I did surprisingly well at HPCX so I stopped at Super Saver in Somerville on the way home.IMG_4856[1].JPG
This was awesome and I the artwork on the cans is perfect.

IMG_4855[1].JPG

Then I had Kriek des Jacobins. This was great. Sour and lots of cherry, nice red color.

I also had the following:
Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest
Dogfish Head - Amerian Beauty 2015 with Oatmeal
Wild - Iduna Cru Grand
Saison Dupont Cuvee Dry Hopping - Very dry to me, tart
Delirium Tremens - Very enjoyable
Maine Beer Co - A tiny beautiful something - solid pale ale, candied oranges, sweet finish
Terrapin Beer Co - Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout - Lots of chocolate on this one, little bit of vanilla, smooth finish
Terrapin Beer Co - Liquid Bliss - Nice peanut butter porter
Southern Tier - 2x Stout - Slightly harsh alcohol finish
Southern Tier - Live - Nicely hopped pale ale, would drink again
Southern Tier - Pumking - One of my favorite pumpkin beers, smells just like pumpkin pie, it's sweet with the right amount of spice
Grolsch to add to my swingtops for homebrewing

Attachments

• IMG_4847[1].JPG
    IMG_4847[1].JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 1

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Neighbor brought me back some Bethlehem Brew Works Apocalypse batch #2. Thanks @neighbor
photo_zps57hmqlh0.jpg

Wow. Powerful DIPA clocking in at 11%. Pretty well balanced considering that stat.

It tastes like something I've had, maybe it's the hop crisis.

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Slumbrew Porter Square Porter. Not a big fan of porters but on nitro gives it a different feel. Pretty good.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Vault English IPA - growler....
when in PA, visit a brewpub.

First one good, nice and dry, a little fruit. low alch at 5% (for an ipa)
second one, luster gone. come back tomorrow!

Top Bottom