What are you cooking right now?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
late tuesday night, the w1f3 requested sourdough for wednesday night.
usually, this would be ok, but i have neglected my starter for a month, so showing a nice layer of hooch
it had quiesced. Probably a bad move, I mixed it up rather than draining and replacing with water.
Then fed it. Well, no time to let it get rolling, so mixed up the dough and set it to do its thing.
this is a easy-sourdough, so no delay in putting in salt, or beating it down every hour or so.

Next day it rose a bit, so reshaped it in the morning. Worked later than i wanted, and the cook takes about an hour and a half.
most of it pre-heating the dutch oven. Heavier crumb, as expected, since the yeast wasn't partying at the start.
But it is ready for T-Day breakfast eggs,

IMG_0973.jpgIMG_0974.jpg

Last edited:

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
late tuesday night, the w1f3 requested sourdough for wednesday night.
usually, this would be ok, but i have neglected my starter for a month, so showing a nice layer of hooch
it had quiesced. Probably a bad move, I mixed it up rather than draining and replacing with water.
Then fed it. Well, no time to let it get rolling, so mixed up the dough and set it to do its thing.
this is a easy-sourdough, so no delay in putting in salt, or beating it down every hour or so.

Next day it rose a bit, so reshaped it in the morning. Worked later than i wanted, and the cook takes about an hour and a half.
most of it pre-heating the dutch oven, heavier, as expected since the yeast wasn't partying at the start.
But it is ready for T-Day breakfast eggs,

View attachment 171696View attachment 171697
Tuesday my wife decided she wanted Country Bread with Cranberries in it. We we ordered it from Woodstack and picked it up yesterday. Easy peasy.

iman29

Am I the first one to post a Turkey?!!

17 people coming over at 4pm meant I’ve been up since 6:15AM with the Mrs doing all the prep- 26lbs this year that thing is heavy. Bird went in the oven at 7:45 only 15 min later than we planned.

See you in about 8.5 hours!

View attachment 171681
View attachment 171682

Basting every 45 minutes like clockwork it will definitely not be dry.

Homestretch now should be done right on time at 4PM so all the sides can go in the oven including :

Artichoke hearts with breadcrumbs
Broccoli casserole topped with crushed ritz crackers.
Cranberry breadcrumb stuffing in the pan (for those that don’t like the Greek rice feta stuffing that’s in the bird)

E2A5B707-2E2B-4D58-B55D-CE3433834CBB.jpeg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tacos came out pretty good.
First time I make a recipe, I follow it to a T before I bastardize it on subsequent attempts.

8 hours in was plenty of time on low- I’m thinking it could have been done at 6 easily
20D75D5B-91F5-48FF-882B-7900384697D1.jpeg

Recipe called for shredding, then returning to the broth with some lime juice.
EFC61DAD-4DC5-4FC6-8C63-66116DD4957C.jpeg
Next time, I would do like I do carnitas-shred, then quick trip through a fry pan with some cooking liquid to crisp it up a little.

Also they of course did not have the smoked flavor I enjoy so much, but that will have to involve smoker or charcoal. Next time.

Still very tasty
6B14B150-24C3-4154-B2DB-819A79DCF291.jpeg

5449335F-3CEB-4CAA-A781-E7FCF579A7BA.jpeg

walter

Fourth Party
What’s going on there? How did it come out? Recipe?
Ah sorry. So, jalapenos cut in half long ways, seeds and such cleaned out. Stuffed with a cream cheese/shredded cheddar mix. Then topped with a spoonful of pulled pork (we cheated and bought some from JSBBQ) then wrapped in bacon and seasoned with Meat Church brand all purpose rub. Chuck em on the smoker for about 60-90 minutes. Delicious.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

roc

Ah sorry. So, jalapenos cut in half long ways, seeds and such cleaned out. Stuffed with a cream cheese/shredded cheddar mix. Then topped with a spoonful of pulled pork (we cheated and bought some from JSBBQ) then wrapped in bacon and seasoned with Meat Church brand all purpose rub. Chuck em on the smoker for about 60-90 minutes. Delicious.
Looks really good, I’m going to give this a shot. I don’t have a smoker, maybe just bake until the bacon is done.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Basting every 45 minutes like clockwork it will definitely not be dry.

Homestretch now should be done right on time at 4PM so all the sides can go in the oven including :

Artichoke hearts with breadcrumbs
Broccoli casserole topped with crushed ritz crackers.
Cranberry breadcrumb stuffing in the pan (for those that don’t like the Greek rice feta stuffing that’s in the bird)
Did you pierce your T?

1638824326292.png

walter

Fourth Party
Looks really good, I’m going to give this a shot. I don’t have a smoker, maybe just bake until the bacon is done.
That will absolutely work. Look up ABTs (Atomic buffalo Turds)or Texas Twinkies, theres a few other names for them, itll give you a better idea. Instead of pulled pork you can use mini hotdogs, kielbasy, etc.

Top Bottom