We need a bike park!!!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
FYI I'm already on the 3rd expresso cup at work after 1 instant coffee mug at home...barely 10:30 a.m.

i thought i picked on that was more teacupish. was before i had my first coffee! :D

JonF

Did we build a bike park in south jersey yet? I'm sick of driving 2 hours to creek and there's only 1 more week left...

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did we build a bike park in south jersey yet? I'm sick of driving 2 hours to creek and there's only 1 more week left...
I don't know the situation with Launch Bike Park currently but that might be an option for you. Last I heard it was officially "closed" but riding is still allowed. in other words, no facilities or lift but I think some locals still maintain the park. Mass was supposed to do an enduro there but covid killed it.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I don't know the situation with Launch Bike Park currently but that might be an option for you. Last I heard it was officially "closed" but riding is still allowed. in other words, no facilities or lift but I think some locals still maintain the park. Mass was supposed to do an enduro there but covid killed it.
can confirm you can pedal up and shred the PA gnar. I think i saw they had an informal underground race series this year too.

JonF

I was just messing around, but that looks like an interesting option. Whats the vert there? I couldn't imagine doing very many climbs at creek just to bomb it down...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
JORBA has put in a request for additional gravity in the southern part of the state.
Currently being round-tabled, but the money is on "Shred the Pines"
All elevations will be reported in millimeters above MSL, to impress the metrically challenged.
Get those long travel bikes out!

Anti-gravity areas will be available to assist in returning to the diverse pinnacles, as these are environmentally sensitive
areas, thus lifts or magic carpets would not be allowed.

#sendTheSandNJ

rick81721

Lothar
I watch all these videos on YouTube with so many places that have great bike parks, we have all this land but no bike parks…with some jumps and pump tracks, all we have is your typical trails! we need to change this.

tenor (14).gif

serviceguy

Anti-gravity areas will be available to assist in returning to the diverse pinnacles, as these are environmentally sensitive
areas, thus lifts or magic carpets would not be allowed.
Anti-gravity areas should also help greatly to alleviate lower back pain and any discomfort caused by either excessive weight or incorrect posture...forget the inversion table if you have access to anti-gravity areas!

JonF

I propose the Ocean County Landfill be repurposed as a lift access park once it's reached peak height. Towards that end, i will triple my wastefulness in an effort to accelerate the growth of Mt Garbagio and satisfy my own selfish hubris. In leiu of a chairlift, there will be a shuttle service comprised of a fleet of confiscated quads to whisk you up in a noxious, yet familiar cloud of 2-smoke exhaust and sugar sand dust.

Strix

I propose the Ocean County Landfill be repurposed as a lift access park once it's reached peak height. Towards that end, i will triple my wastefulness in an effort to accelerate the growth of Mt Garbagio and satisfy my own selfish hubris. In leiu of a chairlift, there will be a shuttle service comprised of a fleet of confiscated quads to whisk you up in a noxious, yet familiar cloud of 2-smoke exhaust and sugar sand dust.
Ya don’t need a mountain! I’m not sure if you even saw the pictures I posted. You would need approval from a township to do it in one of the Park areas and clean soil a.k.a. clean Landfill which is not that hard to come bye. As well as someone that knows how to build it which might be harder to find.

JonF

Ya don’t need a mountain! I’m not sure if you even saw the pictures I posted. You would need approval from a township to do it in one of the Park areas and clean soil a.k.a. clean Landfill which is not that hard to come bye. As well as someone that knows how to build it which might be harder to find.
Sir, my post was in jest.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I was just messing around, but that looks like an interesting option. Whats the vert there? I couldn't imagine doing very many climbs at creek just to bomb it down...
Mountain Creek vertical = 1,040 feet.
Spring Mtn Vertical = 420 feet. I honest think you can pedal up faster than their lift used to run.

serviceguy

Why limit your imagination to a stinkin' bike park, you can actually build a canyon and go the freeride way, jersey style...enters Red Bull Garbage!

moray42

Merman
Probably not going to work anywhere around Wharton…
830A2FC9-4039-43E8-B3CF-0F0979ED4DB5.jpeg

Bisquick

I know this is kind of easy to make fun of... but what are the major limitations preventing us from getting a small skills park with some jumps? Seems every state but NJ has them. (Except High Bridge) Most threads on here about it seem to blame it on politics?

Many municipalities have made bike parks, I'm sure there is plenty of data on the benefits of establishing one. Between that data and the growing NJ MTB scene, especially NICA aged people, there should be a decent argument for getting one on public land?

Strix

I know this is kind of easy to make fun of... but what are the major limitations preventing us from getting a small skills park with some jumps? Seems every state but NJ has them. (Except High Bridge) Most threads on here about it seem to blame it on politics?

Many municipalities have made bike parks, I'm sure there is plenty of data on the benefits of establishing one. Between that data and the growing NJ MTB scene, especially NICA aged people, there should be a decent argument for getting one on public land?
1635366255707.gif
1635366255707.gif
1635366255707.gif

Top Bottom