We need a bike park!!!

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Jersey has 1 public bike park and 2 public pump tracks (plus mtn creek and a couple BMX tracks).

high bridge
west milford

Strix

Yes I know of them that pumptrack was small and there all far from me in Jackson I would like to see one built closer to me.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Yes I know of them that pumptrack was small and there all far from me in Jackson I would like to see one built closer to me.

If Allaire doesn't have what you're looking for, it doesn't exist in South Jersey.

Reactions: w_b

robcleary

Trail center (like the British version) maybe, but I think a proper lift-access bike park would be a bit useless in South Jersey. No mountains here lol

I agree though, Mountain Creek is a bit of a hike for a day trip from South Jersey. I usually end up staying over at a friend's place up there before I drive back. Blue Mountain is also an option (slightly closer at like 1.5-2 hours as opposed to 3ish) but you lose a lot of variety and quality compared to Creek.

Strix

Trail center (like the British version) maybe, but I think a proper lift-access bike park would be a bit useless in South Jersey. No mountains here lol

I agree though, Mountain Creek is a bit of a hike for a day trip from South Jersey. I usually end up staying over at a friend's place up there before I drive back. Blue Mountain is also an option (slightly closer at like 1.5-2 hours as opposed to 3ish) but you lose a lot of variety and quality compared to Creek.
I think that’s a great idea I’m in for a few bucks. Then I guess when the Petition is big enough we take it to the locals. I’m not looking for a lift, just a proper park for all levels.

Strix

Like what do you want someone to heli in a 1500 foot mountain? Go west or north what you're looking for has been gone for 270 million years, blame the inland sea that once covered the US.
Your Obviously not reading what we are talking about. You don’t need a mountain that’s a different bike park.

Strix

So a Skatepark?
1632612927538.png

robcleary

I think that’s a great idea I’m in for a few bucks. Then I guess when the Petition is big enough we take it to the locals. I’m not looking for a lift, just a proper park for all levels.
The hard thing is getting any town on-board to let us legally build jump trails and potentially "dangerous" features. It takes a lot of advocacy and work on the government level to even get regular old mountain bike trails built legally. Getting involved with JORBA is probably your best bet. And if you're still looking for unofficial jumps or features, getting to know the locals in your area will probably help.

A great example of what you're talking about has been built at White Clay/Middle Run down in Delaware. They have a Skills Park trail filled with skinny's and features, although jumps are exclusively rollers or the pump track. Trail Spinners had to pull a lot of strings to get that stuff built though, it's not as easy as raising funds.

Strix

The hard thing is getting any town on-board to let us legally build jump trails and potentially "dangerous" features. It takes a lot of advocacy and work on the government level to even get regular old mountain bike trails built legally. Getting involved with JORBA is probably your best bet. And if you're still looking for unofficial jumps or features, getting to know the locals in your area will probably help.

A great example of what you're talking about has been built at White Clay/Middle Run down in Delaware. They have a Skills Park trail filled with skinny's and features, although jumps are exclusively rollers or the pump track. Trail Spinners had to pull a lot of strings to get that stuff built though, it's not as easy as raising funds.
I know I’m sure it’s real hard to get approved, probably a liability and insurance point of View

Top Bottom