We need a bike park!!!

Strix

It's the name it makes you into a dick, its no longer rick the person's fault but his parents
Dude I don’t know what makes people talk negative. I just was thinking out loud how it would be nice to have what other people have.

mtbiker87

Please don't take this the wrong way...but what the bloody hell dude !!!! Participate in almost any sort of motorsport, and your ass is driving all over the tri state area to get your fix. Y'all don't even know how good you got it. An hour ? two ? that's to far of a drive ? Bet you'll drive to Wildwood though, or Cape May, or Atlantic City ! What about Giant's stadium ? NYC ? maybe Philly ? Bethel Woods for a concert ? Sorry if i'm not all that sympathetic here, but if want something bad enough, you'll sacrifice a bit. Yeah I'm spoiled....Creek is 10 minutes in one direction from my house, and Wayway about 10 the other, but that don't stop me from driving to Six Mile, Hartshorn, Huber, High Bridge, or even Batsto. Or even places in NY or PA. If it was that easy to get trails built they'd already be there. Lobby like hell, join JORBA, or become filthy rich and throw some money at Murphy, or buy some tools, round up some buds, and get to digging ! Just don't be stupid enough to tell anyone about it though, or your work will get shut down and plowed under in no time. Your best bet is to enjoy your local trails, thank, or better yet become, one of the dudes that currently maintains them, and learn to enjoy traveling to the places that might take a bit or driving to get to.

Strix

Please don't take this the wrong way...but what the bloody hell dude !!!! Participate in almost any sort of motorsport, and your ass is driving all over the tri state area to get your fix. Y'all don't even know how good you got it. An hour ? two ? that's to far of a drive ? Bet you'll drive to Wildwood though, or Cape May, or Atlantic City ! What about Giant's stadium ? NYC ? maybe Philly ? Bethel Woods for a concert ? Sorry if i'm not all that sympathetic here, but if want something bad enough, you'll sacrifice a bit. Yeah I'm spoiled....Creek is 10 minutes in one direction from my house, and Wayway about 10 the other, but that don't stop me from driving to Six Mile, Hartshorn, Huber, High Bridge, or even Batsto. Or even places in NY or PA. If it was that easy to get trails built they'd already be there. Lobby like hell, join JORBA, or become filthy rich and throw some money at Murphy, or buy some tools, round up some buds, and get to digging ! Just don't be stupid enough to tell anyone about it though, or your work will get shut down and plowed under in no time. Your best bet is to enjoy your local trails, thank, or better yet become, one of the dudes that currently maintains them, and learn to enjoy traveling to the places that might take a bit or driving to get to.
Easy to say when you’re 10 min from creek! And no one said I won’t drive to creek and others far from my home. It would just be nice to have something like that closer. If you can’t understand that I can’t help you there.

Karate Monkey

Somebody should build a mountain in South Jersey, and then you guys should petition to get a bike park there. I'll contribute $20.

We've got Mt Jemima and and Forked River Mountain. The finest climbing the Pinelands can offer. Sugar Loaf Hill in Colts neck is a close 3rd, but it's occupied by the blueberry farm. You'll have to fight me to get me to agree to something there.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Easy to say when you’re 10 min from creek! And no one said I won’t drive to creek and others far from my home. It would just be nice to have something like that closer. If you can’t understand that I can’t help you there.

You're best bet is create a start up, buy retail space(think sears) and build an indoor bike park. Its private so the tolerance is w.e. you're insurance carrier limits you to, and it can be placed anywhere. DM me I already have a shell company to defraud people under the guise of build a wall that keeps Pennsylvanian drivers out of the left lane, we can clean and fund the park with my 4 dollars after paypal fees.

Strix

You're best bet is create a start up, buy retail space(think sears) and build an indoor bike park. Its private so the tolerance is w.e. you're insurance carrier limits you to, and it can be placed anywhere. DM me I already have a shell company to defraud people under the guise of build a wall that keeps Pennsylvanian drivers out of the left lane, we can clean and fund the park with my 4 dollars after paypal fees.
Maybe I will!! But sorry no DICKS allowed! I mean Rick’s

FastFreddy

Wow @Strix , I don't know why people are so triggered over the fact that you'd like something bike park'ish down here in South Jersey, we have nothing down here but some sketchy/shady illegal stuff that really isn't maintained and you mostly need to know someone who knows someone to even find/ride it. Most of that stuff isn't too friendly to beginners at all either. Like you said it's easy to talk when you have this stuff available 10 minutes from your house and can enjoy it everyday. It's a different story when you have to drive 2-3hrs, pay tolls and gas and lucky enough get to go just a couple times a month.

serviceguy

@Strix , not triggered and hopefully not triggering anything/anybody, but who should fulfill your dream of a bike park (of whatever type as that is not exactly clear to me but I’ve never been to a bike park either)? @mtbiker87 may have been a little blunt and assuming you wanted to have MCBP moved next to your garage (which I mistakenly thought myself after reading your original post TBH) automatically forcing us northerners away from a bike park, but reality is that he’s right, if you want something you need to make it happen in one way or another. Talking about it maybe a good start but then actions must follow if you really want it. Like everything else in real life. I would start getting involved with the local JORBA chapter, do some legal TM in the boring regular trails, possibly making them less boring if needed, and go from there. You may find like minded people that will help make it a reality.

Strix

You’re probably right maybe I wasn’t clear in my statement. I’m not looking to move mountain creek into Jackson I know that’s impossible and silly to even think that’s what I was thinking. I was thinking more on the lines of these photos, as well as like your thinking Adding more features likeThese to our local trails just making them more exciting.

Attachments

• B6962913-47B9-4041-8CBA-20F99A65288E.jpeg
    B6962913-47B9-4041-8CBA-20F99A65288E.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 139
  • C727706D-40BF-4B8C-A73A-C8FDB950AFC2.jpeg
    C727706D-40BF-4B8C-A73A-C8FDB950AFC2.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 8710936C-BD04-4CA5-8662-A83D8B944F4E.jpeg
    8710936C-BD04-4CA5-8662-A83D8B944F4E.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 135

Johnny Utah

Amateurs. I stopped going to Creek years ago, why travel when Tatum is less than half the drive? Don’t forget Forked River Mountain either. At this point I would never go back to Whistler either, 6000 feet of nothing. Here is some video of the knar, better bring yo pads!

serviceguy

You’re probably right maybe I wasn’t clear in my statement. I’m not looking to move mountain creek into Jackson I know that’s impossible and silly to even think that’s what I was thinking. I was thinking more on the lines of these photos, as well as like your thinking Adding more features likeThese to our local trails just making them more exciting.
I don't think anybody actually thought that you were asking to do that...it was just entertaining acting like that was what you were asking for. Welcome to MTBNJ.com!

Top Bottom