Wawayanda State Park Conditions

I ride there every day, but most likely not the trails you're interested in.
You're asking because of the upcoming race, right? I mostly ride the North Eastern
part of the park and the race is more Southern end. Anyway, some observations.
I don't know what trails the race will use this year, except Jeff mentioned there are
some changes this year, which include Nature Jims Bridge, which means Red Dot trail
will be used. I noticed about two weeks ago while riding Cherry Ridge from end to end
that Red Dot has a tree down across the trail not very far in off Cherry Ridge. I know the
Double Pond boardwalk has been under over a foot of water for a couple of months.
I told the park about it and they said they already knew. I guess they just don't have the
manpower or resources to take care of it. Pumphouse trail is good up to Boulder Garden,
past that I don't know. Laurel Trail has had a tree down for a few months too which the park
knows about but haven't gotten to. Black Eagle is good up to Hoeferlin and back to the office,
but I don't know about out to Double Pond because for me there is no good loop to do without
a lot of mud and that Doublepond boardwalk. Wingdam trail is fine too. Iron Mountain trail is
good all the way from route 94 to the boat launch. So is Old Wayway road/trail all the way to route 94.
There's other unsanctioned trails I ride that are in good shape, but they're on the North side, not where
the race is. The Hoeferlin trail has a tree across, but that's up near Iron Mountain, I didn't even tell the park
about that one, they already have their hands full with other stuff. I cleared some stuff off of Black Eagle today
but it was a small job. Can't think of anything else right now. So when do you post the race coarse?
Still going to use Porcupine, Hemlock, The Wall, Mojo, Cedar Swamp, Tombstone?

A heads up if you're planning to ride.
Today and tomorrow 9/25-26, there is a 24 hour marathon foot race.
25,50,100 mile race with a 30 hour cutoff time. So the trails could be busy.
About 150 people entered.

Next weekend is Ragnar, another 24 hour foot race which draws a large crowd.

Dsc07001.jpg

Dsc06999.jpg

Wonder if it has anything to do with that movie they've been filming there. They had crews all over the place when I was there on Thursday evening. Or, if we're lucky, maybe they decided to do some work on the rock bridge.

Wonder if it has anything to do with that movie they've been filming there. They had crews all over the place when I was there on Thursday evening. Or, if we're lucky, maybe they decided to do some work on the rock bridge.
I think someone complained about a cranky bear.
The Dep of wildlife forestry fish & game have been here all week four guys on two quads early AM.
Today I saw them while finishing my ride, they passed me on the road with a third quad carrying a
bear trap. I couldn't tell if they had anyone captured in it though, or if they gave up.
It's right in the section where I saw the bear & cub a few weeks ago when I posted my silly story
about my bear encounter.

Last edited:
Was that the same movie that was being filmed on Top Of Skyline on Friday? Supposedly a 'B' horror movie...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions