Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Kaleidopete

William Hoeferlin from office to Doublepond was fun today, a few challenging spots, but basically a good ride.
Doublepond was much better due to snow machines, where Hoeferlin was only foot traffic. Pumphouse too was
a good ride to the stream crossing, I didn't venture across and don't know the snow conditions there.
Doublepond
Dsc05813.jpg

Pumphouse
Dsc05815.jpg

Skunkape

An entertaining mix of dry dirt, running water and glacial remains; the snow surprisingly deep in places and bearing the evidence of the last month’s post hole party. Timing is everything. Head out early and it’s hard and fast. Go too late and contribute to the fossil record. 95 percent rideable without studs, but that other 5 percent can be costly.
DDC3FF26-456B-45D3-974D-7E3415525917.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F254EF8-2932-449E-9E48-332EE6333131.jpeg
    4F254EF8-2932-449E-9E48-332EE6333131.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 88

chris12453

I rode wayway last night. There are a couple of trees down on Plymouth about midway. Hoeferlin, Hemlock and Load, Wall, Banker, Mojo Swamp and white trail are all clear. I did not check out pickle, rattlesnake or Tombstone. I forgot my lights and it was getting dark at 730 when I hit white.

onetracker

I rode wayway last night. There are a couple of trees down on Plymouth about midway. Hoeferlin, Hemlock and Load, Wall, Banker, Mojo Swamp and white trail are all clear. I did not check out pickle, rattlesnake or Tombstone. I forgot my lights and it was getting dark at 730 when I hit white.
Just curious if it is muddy or did the wind dry everything out sans the beaver activity?

Skunkape

Can echo the above. Surprisingly dry on tdog and wildcat. High tide on the north side, though still rideable.

sundaydoug

Cleaned up Wee Bear Trail today, the tree workers left it a mess with piles of branches in many places.
I don't think they knew it was a trail. Now it's rideable again.
I found that trail yesterday riding my gravel bike around the park, had no idea it was there. I got to the pile of branches and thought it was a dead end! Does that trail just lead over to Wingdam?

dave_i

I was out on Saturday and spotted a number of people on ATVs and dirt bikes. A group of 10+ people. There were tracks all the way up Laurel Pond to where Wingdam starts. Later on the same group was down near the Cherry Ridge rd parking lot.

Skunkape

Just as bike shops have been getting ransacked for the last year, it is much the same at power sports dealerships. Sales floors are wiped clean of every wheeled conveyance promising fun, freedom and just a hint of danger by those previously unaware of the myriad recreational opportunities just outside their door.

Now any dimwit with a little ambition and a fistful of government supplied cash can buy an ass blaster 1000 and roost his way to the deepest recesses of the backcountry. If they would tread lightly and stick to the fireroads it would be no big deal but this new breed seems to get off on perpetual wheelspin.

You can and should use the 1800 WARN DEP to drop a dime but chances are very good that there was an LE presence in the pack you saw so I doubt much will change until somebody gets hurt. It really sucks for the skilled, responsible moto guys who get grouped together with these slobs and have their legitimacy further eroded.

Kaleidopete

So strange to find something I am not familiar with in the park. Where is this?
Ha Ha, you don't know it because you cant ride it! Hiking only.
It's Boulder Garden trail, off Pumphouse. it's actually a very tough trail even hiking.
I've done it twice. I just stopped today for a quick visit. I love these remote places.

Kaleidopete

Forget Wee Bear trail, it's back to brush covered ( which I removed), but when I continued to ride, there are now downed trees across it. I guess I have to give up for a while, they keep coming back and messing it up.
Dsc05913.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions