Wawayanda conditions

I rode for over 4 hours at Waway on Friday and did not see anyone other than my group. It does not seem to get much traffic for such a nice park. The ferns and prickers on tombstone have almost overgrown the trail. Did see a lot of fresh bear poop too.:)

Pix-- 4 hrs there is quite the workout. We weren't there too long--I was having saddle issues, so we cut it short. I got a new seat though and am feeling much better. Still---4 hrs ???!!!

First time that I went there today. Tried to explore the place & ended up going in circles for over 4 hours.:confused::cry: Met somebody who cleared part of tombstone. Rattlesnake is in serious need of trimming, too much overgrowth & thorns.:cry:

BTW, there seemed to be some bears roaming the area. Seen like a number of them running around near the trail.:scared:

I ride in Waway several times a week and I have noticed a serious uptick in bear activity. I am now seeing or hearing(loud crashing in the woods) bears multiple times per ride. I had a hiker tell me that bears that are captured in other areas of Northern NJ are actually released in Waway. Not sure if that is true or not, but it does seem like there are more of them in just the last few months.

First time that I went there today. Tried to explore the place & ended up going in circles for over 4 hours.:confused::cry: Met somebody who cleared part of tombstone. Rattlesnake is in serious need of trimming, too much overgrowth & thorns.:cry:

I got torn up on pines last night, the growth has been amazing since I last rode there. I have tiny cuts all over my legs and my arms from the thorns, next time I need to bring a weed whacker

I ride in Waway several times a week and I have noticed a serious uptick in bear activity. I am now seeing or hearing(loud crashing in the woods) bears multiple times per ride. I had a hiker tell me that bears that are captured in other areas of Northern NJ are actually released in Waway. Not sure if that is true or not, but it does seem like there are more of them in just the last few months.

Yep, States been releasing them for years. Saw the biggest one I've ever seen a couple of weeks ago. Looked like a VW with legs.

Yep, States been releasing them for years. Saw the biggest one I've ever seen a couple of weeks ago. Looked like a VW with legs.

Heading over there right now, will tell the furry VW you said "hi". Hopefully my huffing and puffing will keep them away

We haven't had much in the way of rain, maybe a beaver dam broke upstream.
Bridges passage was flooded on Thursday's ride too.

We haven't had much in the way of rain, maybe a beaver dam broke upstream.
Bridges passage was flooded on Thursday's ride too.

Ran into this about 2-3 weeks ago for the first time, appears to have gotten deeper and wider(rode down from cherry ride side yesterday). Since it has not rained I was assuming some kind of beaver dam or natural blockage, but was unable what exactly was causing it. Additionally I think the bridges are floating rather than actually above the water line.

Ran into that literally on Thursday. Looks like a beaver dam between there and Cherry Ridge, the stream is bone dry before CR.

Ran into that literally on Thursday. Looks like a beaver dam between there and Cherry Ridge, the stream is bone dry before CR.

Prolly explains why there is so much wildlife in the water around Two Bridges now. Lots of birds, frogs, a few ducks(?) and something big that went "ploop" into the water as I approached.

...... something big that went "ploop" into the water...... .

Is that code for going OTB, Jess?:D
Already has been reported to the powers, next chance I have to find the cause will be Thursday. Suspect it is a dam, seeing how the stream under Chery Ridge is bone dry.

"Is that code for going OTB, Jess?" - guess I'm known as the king of endos already?

Some of waway's trails should be renamed "pint of blood" trails 'cuz I've donated a pint of blood on some of them.

what the hell happened to iron mt. trail? it looks like crews were working on the power lines but they cut a huge path through the trail and left tree branches everywhere. looks like they put sand and rocks down as well (for traction?). complete disaster area, nearly unrideable now

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions