Tymor

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Anyone know if the really narrow trail that looked to be freshly cut on the cliff last year will be in the race again? I dont remember a name or marker color. It ran inbetween a long field and the stream. In the race we were headed back in the direction of the start/finish. It was super fun, but yet had a huge I'm going to die if I fall factor.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Holy crap dude, you just reminded me of this.

In the race last year the guy directly in front of me did exactly that. Lost his front wheel and started going straight down the hill! It's not normal to say that it's a good thing someone hit a tree, but the guy was totally saved by a tree about 7 feet down the hill. Otherwise it could have been a rough, rough day for him.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I also like how you had to thread the needle between trees while riding over loose rocks. It gave a new meaning to pucker factor. The first lap on there is fun too, you have all the faster guys trying to get through slow traffic and there isn't enough room to pull over for them!

MTB Aussie

And there were some logs with rock approaches so you had to nail the exacto spot or else tumble to your death. Yeah, cool ride. I am glad I dont wear my glasses when I ride. Oh wait, I retired from campmor races. I might bring a camera to this one and watch though. :)

ArmyOfNone

SS gearing help!

Those who raced last year...what gears where you running? Too much, not enough, hike-a-bike?

FYI im running 34x20

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Those who raced last year...what gears where you running? Too much, not enough, hike-a-bike?

FYI im running 34x20

I raced last year...I actually brought over a dozen different gear combinations so I could choose which would be best for each part of the course...Here's how to set it up...You can fit about 9 cogs on your rear wheel, get all different sizes, ranging from say 11-34T. Then run some type of device on your handlebar that will allow you to switch between those cogs as your riding. If need be you can also get a couple different size chainrings in the front to really make sure you have enough options out there. You'll also need some kind of chain tensioning/gear choosing device to make it all come together. Then viola, a singlespeed that you can choose gears on-the-fly, that way you can actually go fast;)

Love, Jim

ArmyOfNone

I dont have time to keep up with all this new fangled non-sense!

I also recall not getting passed by anyone on the climbs, hmm.

ryderX

I raced last year...I actually brought over a dozen different gear combinations so I could choose which would be best for each part of the course...Here's how to set it up...You can fit about 9 cogs on your rear wheel, get all different sizes, ranging from say 11-34T. Then run some type of device on your handlebar that will allow you to switch between those cogs as your riding. If need be you can also get a couple different size chainrings in the front to really make sure you have enough options out there. You'll also need some kind of chain tensioning/gear choosing device to make it all come together. Then viola, a singlespeed that you can choose gears on-the-fly, that way you can actually go fast;)

Love, Jim
LMAO :rofl::rofl:

B

Biz

I don't know what's worse: A girl trying to decide what shoes to wear, or a singlespeeder deciding what gearing to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrossAddict

Single Speed gearing

I rode a 29er @ Wawayanda with a 32X18. It was a little tall to clear the climb just past the pond halfway through the race, but I heard that Tymor is pretty hilly. I'll probably rock a 20 tooth cog on my 29er. ;)

peace

-rf

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I don't know what's worse: A girl trying to decide what tires to run, or a singlespeeder deciding what gearing to use.

:confused: :confused:

before all th SSers get too stressd out, I have heard a rumor that some of the course will run backwards from last year and may have slightly less clmbing. That is all I know at this point.

IMO it is a no fun on SS place, but others like rigidandsingle :getsome: love it, so don't go by my opinion.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
:confused: :confused:

before all th SSers get too stressd out, I have heard a rumor that some of the course will run backwards from last year and may have slightly less clmbing. That is all I know at this point.

IMO it is a no fun on SS place, but others like rigidandsingle :getsome: love it, so don't go by my opinion.

We need someone to confirm what is going to happen with the course. Call me silly, but I wanted to ride that hill.

xc62701

We need someone to confirm what is going to happen with the course. Call me silly, but I wanted to ride that hill.

It actually is a pretty sweet climb. I like it-my legs don't. It's just gets tiring after many laps. And with it being early this year, it's gonna hurt even more if that climb is in there.

S

Shar0se

One of my favorite races!! I'll be missing it this year because I have a wedding in NC to attend....

Nimrod

Anyone know if the really narrow trail that looked to be freshly cut on the cliff last year will be in the race again? It was super fun, but yet had a huge I'm going to die if I fall factor.

I can deal with the narrow trail, streams and the cliff of death.

Its better then the mine fields of wet, angry, pissed off Gnomes which cleverly disguised themselves as rocks last Sunday

Note to the boys who had trouble with the Waway bridge last week (Single Speeders pay extra attention) = Stay on the cliff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom