Trail Map

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

Edit: Added a new map from jdog (2009-02-08)

Attachments

• six_mile_run_trail-map.pdf
    723.9 KB · Views: 2,486
  • six_mile_run_trail-map.jpg
    six_mile_run_trail-map.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3,668
  • map_detail_sixmilerun.jpg
    map_detail_sixmilerun.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 3,319
  • SixMileRunStatePark_r20090114.pdf
    363.8 KB · Views: 1,446
Last edited:

Wobbegong

I've been working on this for a while. Here is a current map of the twisty section on the Rt.27 side. I didnt highlight all of the outer access trails, as many are overgrown and dont go anywhere useful. This is from GPS data, some is drawn in from a mix of rides I did to get it all. Hope this helps.

TwistieCurrent.jpg

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I've been working on this for a while. Here is a current map of the twisty section on the Rt.27 side. I didnt highlight all of the outer access trails, as many are overgrown and dont go anywhere useful. This is from GPS data, some is drawn in from a mix of rides I did to get it all. Hope this helps.

TwistieCurrent.jpg

this is great - thanks for putting this together.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
J,

This is really great, What would be really fun would be to annotate this with landmarks or features so that you can get a feel for where these are on the trails. (i.e. Steep uphill where you take the outside line around the tree while not falling off the cliff :D)

Tim

Last edited:

Ian F

TwistieCurrent.jpg

Could somebody please e-mail this one and jdog's to me? ifurqueron@ipsdb.com

Unfortunately, photobucket is a blocked site for me at work so the pitcures show up as red X's. :(

Ian F

Got 'em! thanks! :D

Yowzers! I didn't realize there was so much on the other side of South Middlebush Road! :eek: I'm really looking forward to checking this out now.

Curious... does anyone ever start rides from Canal Road? Tends to be much easier for me to get to after work than the often traffic-clogged Rt 27. although Rt 27 won't be a problem for morning w/e rides.

side note: laser color printers rock!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Got 'em! thanks! :D

Yowzers! I didn't realize there was so much on the other side of South Middlebush Road! :eek: I'm really looking forward to checking this out now.

Curious... does anyone ever start rides from Canal Road? Tends to be much easier for me to get to after work than the often traffic-clogged Rt 27. although Rt 27 won't be a problem for morning w/e rides.

side note: laser color printers rock!

some people start on the canal, just a different flow since the canal side is fast and not nearly as twisty.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i start from the canal majority of the time and take the blue out, do 27, and take red back.

however i do think the better ride starts from the 27 side, because hitting the blue first makes me feel slow... idk.

Ian F

Interesting... I thought the red trail was "no bikes"? :confused:

With any luck, I'm going to get out there Monday. :)

Wobbegong

Interesting... I thought the red trail was "no bikes"? :confused:

With any luck, I'm going to get out there Monday. :)

Biking is illegal on the red trail, this should change soon with the upcoming trail work being done on the red trail. For now, it's illegal to ride.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Biking is illegal on the red trail, this should change soon with the upcoming trail work being done on the red trail. For now, it's illegal to ride.

The red trail is like Gay Dudes in the Navy.

j-

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions