Trail Conditions?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Mahlon Mush Fest

Don't even need to go there (I live close); looking out my front window all of the snow melted overnight thanks to the rain and temps (it is already 58 degrees up here).

I tell ya', this snow, ice, rain, slop thing (repeat) is getting old.

rayder

went to hartshorne yesterday and it got a little sloppy as temps went up and many bikers on the trails. had fun though slipping on the roots and logs.

pinkshirtphotos

kittatiny was muddy as anything today, lots of spots still have sheets of wet slippery ice that looks like it will stick around for a while. got even worse once the rain started.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
F'n snow

:wedgie::mad2:we're posta get 2-4" of snow for saturday that blows...unless ridin in the snow is different then mud...i'd imagine that it is the same you get side ways and it sucks to pedal...just got a cateye computer and switched from stock 3ring raceface cranks to 2ring raceface cranks i want to play with my new stuff...but if it sucks in the snow the bikes gotta stay up on the wall in my room till next friday...but you can bet that by then it will be 20 degrees warmer and the ground will be sloppy...figure south is the way to go to avoid the most snow...hartshorne and allaire...let me know about ridein in the snow...yo...

xc62701

You have to play the timing game with snow. Seriously. Get out in the fresh stuff. Of course it's a little slicker but if the ground underneath is solid then it'll still be fun. If it's that fluffy you get great traction still. It's when it starts to warm up and become slushy that it bites. But if it gets slushy and then freezes again, that's when it's good to ride. You may need studs but the hard crusty stuff is a blast to ride on. Just get out and try it. You may be suprised. I've done a few blizzard rides with goggles - awesome fun!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
just remember, rocks and roots become slicker than when they are just wet. Riding is the snow is a blast but technical places can suck the big salami.

walter

Fourth Party
Keep in mind that Middlesex county is usually the snow cut off point. If we get any snow, points south usually get rain. Generally speaking of course, this is not always the case.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yeah, riding on snow can be fun sometimes. But, I guess we'll have to see how much and how wet we get it. I'm still waiting for a day on XC skiis, which may not be happening this year.

on a possitive note ..... only 29 days until the official first day of spring!

xc62701

just remember, rocks and roots become slicker than when they are just wet. Riding is the snow is a blast but technical places can suck the big salami.

Technical places are even more fun in the snow. If you can clear em in the snow just think how easy they'll be in the good weather!!!

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
snow ridein

if anyone is going to give it a shot in the snow post a time and place i can get to allaire, CR, hartshorne, 6mile, from my house with out a problem...im in south amboy...

walter

Fourth Party
if anyone is going to give it a shot in the snow post a time and place i can get to allaire, CR, hartshorne, 6mile, from my house with out a problem...im in south amboy...

Finally, someone in my town who is interested in and owns a real bike. Sweet.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
rode LM this am. it was good in some parts, soft in others. i figured with all the cold it'd be solid but it wasn't, which is shocking b/c that place drains really well. i was going to ride longer but i didn't want to screw up the trails. well, at least that was my thinking. apparently the parks (or some other scumbag) had something else in mind and i have to be honest, i was shocked. i'm going to put the rest of it in A&A.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Finally, someone in my town who is interested in and owns a real bike. Sweet.

yeah man im right down at the end of south pine by rt35...let me know if you wanna ride saturday morning any of the trails listed hartshorne is a short trip but i know some dudes that go to allaire every sat and sun at 11:00 sharpe i was thinkin of meetin them they keep a good pace and stop when needed send me a private message with your cell # or something but we should work something out to ride saturday i dont care havent been to 6mile in a while but like i said allaire or hartshorne let me know...i get my bike back tomorrow from planet bike...usually go to kims my cousin robbie works there but this place had the parts i wanted so a few extra bucks wont hurt out of pocket...no girlfriend so who cares...dont need it for anything else but to make my ride more comfortable...ahahahahaha

Top Bottom