Things that make you smile :)

I use a Garmin HRM when I ride ever since I bought my Edge 510 years ago. The HRM module itself has a battery compartment that comes with these little tiny screws to take the cover off that get stripped out when you try to change it.

So for the 3rd time in 7 years I emailed Garmin support and for the 3rd time they sent me a brand new one (including the strap) at no charge; no questions asked. Not even a proof of purchase. Oh and this time the one they sent has Dual mode ANT+ and BT so its even better than my current ANT+ only one.

I did suggest they tell the product engineers to fix this but until then I am not complaining. I have my email ready for 2022 when this one goes bad.

#winning

IMG_5969.jpg

Nerd alert.

=vlookup($A55, indirect(CONCATENATE("DATE",text(E$1, "mmdd"))), 6, FALSE) + 0

combining absolute and relative references
using the row label as a key (NBD, anyone can do that)
using the column label to generate the name of a range
adding 0 to convert a blank to a number. been doing that since the 80s!

I dropped my truck off to have an alignment and wheel balancing done because it was pulling to the right and shaking above 60 after I rotated the tires. Come to find out both passenger side tie rod ends are toast(things that make me frown).

After getting upset because I don't want to throw a lot of money into a 24 year old vehicle(that's not a classic/collectable), the light goes on. I bought the tie rod ends when I rebuilt the front end but never put them in because I didn't want to have to align it again(the ends were on backorder when I did the front end so I replaced the rest of the parts and had it aligned). I called and told the guy that and ran the parts up saving me about $100.

I know it's not really a win since I should have done it all at once and saved me the headaches but it still made me smile.

@UtahJoe - Beautiful Stearman practicing landings on the parallel grass strip at Sky Manor - he did a short field landing and stopped in 200' on the previous attempt.

Also - Marine 2 is parked in the hanger at Solberg.

@UtahJoe - Beautiful Stearman practicing landings on the parallel grass strip at Sky Manor - he did a short field landing and stopped in 200' on the previous attempt.

Also - Marine 2 is parked in the hanger at Solberg.

The other day I while on High Mtn, I saw an Long EZ and a round wing (as opposed to Hershey bar) Piper fly over.

11:15am look out office window to see
1. Little cart was driving on the gravel walking path. Saw 2 dudes dealing with it. Dude #1 had the front wheels at 90deg, Dude #2 pushing, smooth wheels just dug in.
2. Dude #1 walks off, while Dude #2 takes a seat by the tree. Toyota forklift shows up, u-turns into the grass and gets stuck. Propane tank goes empty in the process.
3. Both walk off, come back in what I assume is a personal F150 2WD with a propane tank. Dig in deeper. Attempted to strap to the hooks on the front and were going to try back up pull. Really wanted to see the front end of the F150 get pulled off. Strap to the F150 hitch, not receiver, to rear of Toyota and smokes the tires.
4. U-turn the F150 and strap it to the forks and frame of the lift, more tire smoke.
Lunch break at 12:00, and they return around 12:30
5. Have the Yale forklift with them. Some dude walking by jumps in and tries helping. Strapped rear to rear and break 2 straps.
6. Now the Chev 2500 or 3500 4WD shows up and more tire smoke.
7. Big stake body truck just happens to be driving by and they flagged him down. Break some more straps and cinched so tight, got to cut it off while our Cat is rolling up.
8. While they're cutting, our driver directs the Yale to pick up the cart. Success.
9. Our dude puts the B.F.Strap on and yanks it out, bringing most of the greenery with it. At least Dude #1 and #2 had a shovel and they tried to cover their tracks.
1:45pm back to standard programming.

Last edited:
11:15am look out office window to see
1. Little cart was driving on the gravel walking path. Saw 2 dudes dealing with it. Dude #1 had the front wheels at 90deg, Dude #2 pushing, smooth wheels just dug in.
2. Dude #1 walks off, while Dude #2 takes a seat by the tree. Toyota forklift shows up, u-turns into the grass and gets stuck. Propane tank goes empty in the process.
3. Both walk off, come back in what I assume is a personal F150 2WD with a propane tank. Dig in deeper. Attempted to strap to the hooks on the front and were going to try back up pull. Really wanted to see the front end of the F150 get pulled off. Strap to the F150 hitch, not receiver, to rear of Toyota and smokes the tires.
4. U-turn the F150 and strap it to the forks and frame of the lift, more tire smoke.
Lunch break at 12:00, and they return around 12:30
5. Have the Yale forklift with them. Some dude walking by jumps in and tries helping. Strapped rear to rear and break 2 straps.
6. Now the Chev 2500 or 3500 4WD shows up and more tire smoke.
7. Big stake body truck just happens to be driving by and they flagged him down. Break some more straps and cinched so tight, got to cut it off while our Cat is rolling up.
8. While they're cutting, our driver directs the Yale to pick up the cart. Success.
9. Our dude puts the B.F.Strap on and yanks it out, bringing most of the greenery with it. At least Dude #1 and #2 had a shovel and they tried to cover they're tracks.
1:45pm back to standard programming.

Solid! Should have started that camera rolling!

Back
Top Bottom