Things that make you smile :)

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I don't really need another tool box, I thought, but I couldn't pass it up $5 at a local garage sale.
It even came with 10 screw drivers and 2 Rigid pipe wrenches, and some box cutters and other small tools.
I put it in place of a smaller tool box and moved the smaller one to a shelf. It's already filled up.
View attachment 164997
My dad has had that same box since I was a kid. Sweet!

iman29

Out of nowhere my youngest Zach (14) has been asking more about riding bikes and going to a trail other than boring Columbia Trail. I had signed up for Cranks originally
to go by myself a few weeks back but mentioned it to him last week or so and he was like yeah I totally want to go.

After getting some sweet new tires from
@serviceguy last week he’s been totally into it and been counting down for tomorrow. He’s been riding to the local little
League field and ripping around the gravel driveway and at the elementary school multipurpose field.

This afternoon I finally took advantage of some summer hours and we did a ride at Dickerson Mine behind Martys on the beach trail and the pump track section and he told me it was way more fun and awesome than he thought it would be even though he hit the deck in the sandy section near the lake. I even got him to try some basic skills going down a root section a few times and he was totally into it. After the ride we stopped in at martys and I treated him to some new riding gloves.

Looking forward to more smiles like this tomorrow. And I’m guessing this upcoming birthday might end up new bike day for him.

5DB44905-EFE4-4FDD-A34A-2BF25CCA9EA5.png37D37E35-1142-4329-A4C0-C7EE2A7F0D20.jpeg3348C0BD-0F94-42F5-AE5D-9E0813F8A7C0.jpeg2A0B40F3-C441-4770-88A8-2DDDC0268DC2.jpeg

serviceguy

Out of nowhere my youngest Zach (14) has been asking more about riding bikes and going to a trail other than boring Columbia Trail. I had signed up for Cranks originally
to go by myself a few weeks back but mentioned it to him last week or so and he was like yeah I totally want to go.

After getting some sweet new tires from
@serviceguy last week he’s been totally into it and been counting down for tomorrow. He’s been riding to the local little
League field and ripping around the gravel driveway and at the elementary school multipurpose field.

This afternoon I finally took advantage of some summer hours and we did a ride at Dickerson Mine behind Martys on the beach trail and the pump track section and he told me it was way more fun and awesome than he thought it would be even though he hit the deck in the sandy section near the lake. I even got him to try some basic skills going down a root section a few times and he was totally into it. After the ride we stopped in at martys and I treated him to some new riding gloves.

Looking forward to more smiles like this tomorrow. And I’m guessing this upcoming birthday might end up new bike day for him.

View attachment 165393View attachment 165394View attachment 165395View attachment 165396
This made me smile!

walter

Fourth Party
College move in day, look at that enthusiasm. 9am and like 90°. As I said before, she had the option to go to a bunch of places but ultimately chose RU. Most of her crew has moved on to college and for a while she was second guessing her choice, most of them are local but 4 left the state. We learned over the weekend that 3 of the 4 are already on their way back home. This kinda put her at ease with her decision to stay local. I dont know specific numbers, but we also learned she was 1 of 140 kids to be accepted into the nursing program, so I guess she did something right 😃

FB_IMG_1630021493367.jpg

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Chugach State Park today. 1h39min moving time but 1400 feet of climbing. Started out a little wet so my riding partner was a little apprehensive on the wet rocks and roots. But it cleared up and we got some awesome views.

20210901_151207.jpg20210901_151227.jpg20210901_151236.jpg

Tomorrow looks very wet so we turned in the bikes for now. State Fair or a hike tomorrow. We may be able to get another ride in on the weekend if the weather cooperates.

Top Bottom