Things that make you smile :)

rick81721

Lothar
Chugach State Park today. 1h39min moving time but 1400 feet of climbing. Started out a little wet so my riding partner was a little apprehensive on the wet rocks and roots. But it cleared up and we got some awesome views.

View attachment 166227View attachment 166228View attachment 166229

Tomorrow looks very wet so we turned in the bikes for now. State Fair or a hike tomorrow. We may be able to get another ride in on the weekend if the weather cooperates.

Better go fishing!

roc

It is. Where it meets the Knik River. Bugs were fine. Apparently a few weeks ago they were pretty bad.
There is a place called alyeska, it’s a ski area. They have a tram that takes you up to some pretty incredible views. Not to far from Anchorage. definitely worth checking out. when I was there they had a dinner up there, it was terrible. You may want to skip that part.

there is a general/liquor store somewhere between alyska and Hope. You can’t miss it, 10 years ago the guy had a boss mustang In his garage, he showed it to us. I’m not a big car guy, but my buddy was telling me it was probably worth over 150k, back then. for some reason, I think you’re a mustang guy?

Last edited:

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Follow-up from the frown thread:

Getting (but ignoring) a message from my supervisor while I'm on vacation saying that the CEO will be in the office Tuesday after Labor Day to celebrate "back to work" but it's not mandatory.

1- Back to work? Dude, we've been working this entire friggin time. I can't even get a vacation without being bothered about work.

2- Not mandatory? It's the friggin' CEO and you're messaging me while I'm on vacation. Of course it's friggin' mandatory.

🙄🖕

Apparently the editor in chief told the CEO not to come because it wasn't a good day.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kaleidopete

I’m feeling the chill of fall coming on, so I decided to dig out a bed spread for the cooler months ahead.
Then I remembered that my aunt Edna had sent us a bed spread about twenty five years ago.
She has since passed on in the year 2000. She was a very lovely and sensitive person, born in 1906,
and older sister to my mother, Dorothy. She married Walter, a World One veteran, around 1926 and started a family.
This bed spread was handmade by Edna around that time and used by her and Walter. I decided it was time to put it to use,
why just leave it stored away. So now it’s on my bed, I’m sure Edna and Walter would like that I’m using it.
That makes it almost a hundred years old, and still in great shape.
Dsc06912.jpgDsc06913.jpg

iman29

I can honestly say this made me smile seeing the pros take time with this kid who was racing along side them at the tour of Britain.

Original video.

The next day.

Top Bottom