Things that make you frown :(

serviceguy

I have a video of all of this on my dash cam, but it is better in writing.

Pull out of work to sit at double lanes at red light. I passed 3 drivers looking at their phones. The light turns green i noticed a dark hyundai weaving in and out of traffic, no blinker etc. He ends up sitting behind a white truck at the next red light, i am behind. The lights turns green the truck sits there. The hyundai just rips around him as he sits there using the turn lane as a passing lane. The truck finally notices the line of 10 cars is not in front of him anymore then just runs the red light, leaving me at the red. The traffic to the right of me get the green arrow and some guy is just holding his phone up flipping it as he turns in front and past me.

These people will be part of statistics and they will be at fault. I can't not get angry at these people because they are a liability to everyone else.
Unlike you, I get angry at these people because they deliberately ignore that their actions may have an impact on somebody else’s life, and for no real reason.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I have a video of all of this on my dash cam, but it is better in writing.

Pull out of work to sit at double lanes at red light. I passed 3 drivers looking at their phones. The light turns green i noticed a dark hyundai weaving in and out of traffic, no blinker etc. He ends up sitting behind a white truck at the next red light, i am behind. The lights turns green the truck sits there. The hyundai just rips around him as he sits there using the turn lane as a passing lane. The truck finally notices the line of 10 cars is not in front of him anymore then just runs the red light, leaving me at the red. The traffic to the right of me get the green arrow and some guy is just holding his phone up flipping it as he turns in front and past me.

These people will be part of statistics and they will be at fault. I can't not get angry at these people because they are a liability to everyone else.
This is the reason I refuse to ride the road in the afternoon/evening. There are just too many clueless asshats on phones and agros driving like it's Mario Kart. I just can't take the risk of being unprotected on 2 wheels amongst that nonsense.

I also have a dash cam. I have contemplated starting a YouTube channel with clips of all the shit I see on my commute. It's daily that I see things on the roads in NJ that just make me shake my head.

iman29

Round 2 👎🏻👎🏻

Middle son brought it home gave it to me. Will see if other 3 family members get it. Hope not.

Burning sore throat Friday night into Saturday then high low fever up and down for about 4-6 hours like 101-102. This morning no fever but very achy and massive sinus issues.
27A22C4A-4F67-432C-91A1-DACA9C9D0655.jpeg

pibbles

Round 2 👎🏻👎🏻

Middle son brought it home gave it to me. Will see if other 3 family members get it. Hope not.

Burning sore throat Friday night into Saturday then high low fever up and down for about 4-6 hours like 101-102. This morning no fever but very achy and massive sinus issues.
View attachment 205469
Ditto. Thought I had a cold, job just called and said I tested positive at work. 3 days ago.

JDurk

Round 2 👎🏻👎🏻

View attachment 205469
Ditto. Thought I had a cold, job just called and said I tested positive at work. 3 days ago.
Add me to this list of current positive tests. Throat tickle, not sore, and sinus congestion is all I experienced starting Tues. Family was over last Sat and 2 others had test positive before me. Tested negative Wed and Thurs. Fri I was positive.

iman29

Add me to this list of current positive tests. Throat tickle, not sore, and sinus congestion is all I experienced starting Tues. Family was over last Sat and 2 others had test positive before me. Tested negative Wed and Thurs. Fri I was positive.
Ugh that sucks.

This is not as bad as when I got it a year ago but this fever keeps coming and going and is kicking my ass.

meantime my youngest the 16 year old came home from school not feeling well this morning. Neg test for now but I have a feeling that will change tmw. FML.

JDurk

Ugh that sucks.

This is not as bad as when I got it a year ago but this fever keeps coming and going and is kicking my ass.

meantime my youngest the 16 year old came home from school not feeling well this morning. Neg test for now but I have a feeling that will change tmw. FML.
@pibbles and @iman29

How are you guys feeling today? I went back to work Monday as it had been 5 days since first symptoms and felt fine. Was asked to stay in my office with the door closed and wear a mask when moving about. Feel like I'm back to normal now.

pibbles

@pibbles and @iman29

How are you guys feeling today? I went back to work Monday as it had been 5 days since first symptoms and felt fine. Was asked to stay in my office with the door closed and wear a mask when moving about. Feel like I'm back to normal now.
Turns out my positive result was from the test at work over 2 weeks ago. They never told me of the positive result until it was way too late so now my wife got it and I think i was re-infected. Taking 3 days off anyhow to make sure, and make sure wifey is good. Work will let me use my sick time but they wont give me the days back cuz cant prove the re infection without hospitalization and ima beast so that aint happenin. Not lookin forward to the couple weeks its gonna take to regain fitness, pulse still elevated but feel purty decent..

iman29

@pibbles and @iman29

Thanks for asking.

Honestly I feel like complete shit. Sinuses are a mess massive pressure in my ears. Throat is on fire and just like last time I got it now I am the 1% of people who get throat sores/ulcers. Totally fatigued and achy. Can’t sleep.

The only good progress is today is the first day I have no fever since Saturday. And also my other 2 sons and the wifey are also clear.

Middle son recovered like it was a minor cold after 3-4 days. Probably helps he’s only 20 and im a little older 🤪

Fortunate that work has been very supportive told me take whatever I need. Also glad that I don’t have any respiratory issues like last year where I had a nagging cough for a month and couldn’t even walk around the block for 3 weeks without getting winded.

This sucks.

Cassinonorth

Absolutely crushed a pothole on my way home from work. Threw on the donut in about 10 minutes and limped home. Kinda impressed myself there.

But I do think the tire is shot...they're my winter tires and are probably getting a little long in the tooth anyway so this is a sign to just replace them next November. Oh well, threw on the all-seasons and of course it's snowing today. I'll deal with that come next Fall.

iman29

Absolutely crushed a pothole on my way home from work. Threw on the donut in about 10 minutes and limped home. Kinda impressed myself there.

But I do think the tire is shot...they're my winter tires and are probably getting a little long in the tooth anyway so this is a sign to just replace them next November. Oh well, threw on the all-seasons and of course it's snowing today. I'll deal with that come next Fall.
So was that a Dunk and Donut?

Too soon?

Sorry that’s how my decongestant medicated brain is working these days.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
People that constantly yell "Yeah Boy!" throughout an entire group ride. Like the guy at the Hot Tuna show that yells during the ENTIRE show, even on the quiet acoustic songs "HOT F*CKIN TUNA!!".

Second Jorma reference on the site in 2 months.

1674769615768.gif

Top Bottom